Popular Tags: derailed [+] [View All]
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I was awoken at 4:30 by a Small Boy who wanted something to drink. Once I got him back to sleep, it was 5:20, and so I took my online turns (Yucata, SBW, MaBiWeb). Then he woke up about 30 minutes later. So we all went down to breakfast, then went grocery shopping, because the daycare was closed, even though I didn't get the day off (I took a sick day). Then home for lunch, and Jeff watched him during his nap so I could go to a baby shower I had planned for a friend before I knew the daycare was closed today. The back home, and to Half Price Books with the family to buy a book for a Little Guy and then to get his first haircut, which went rather well. It's 103 out, so now I'm exhausted from carrying around a toddler and/or pushing a stroller in the hot. (Fahrenheit. I figured you could figure out whether I was talking Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin.) Then home again for some playtime and dinner, then some more playtime, then three books, a prayer, and a song before Small One's bedtime. Which he's resisting because he's talking still 40 minutes after we put him down. Looks like it's time to move the bedtime back again! Oh ho! What's this? I think he might be asleep now! So now to collapse and not do the housework I was planning.

Edit: Nope. He's just started himself awake. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Amy took my answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pakpreo
United States
Cambridge
MA - Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay for Amy taking care of business! I wish I could have done the same, except that I went into work and then immediately went to the bus station to catch a bus to NYC. Actually, I'm posting on said bus. Boltbus is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at work, ∴ I was in Chit Chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I mowed my mother-in-law's lawn.
I mowed my lawn.
Then it rained (Yippee for me for getting the grass cut in time!)
Even though it stopped raining a while ago, the town fireworks originally scheduled for tonight have been postponed until Sunday. I guess they think it may be dry then. Hah!

I took my 18yo out to look for a laptop. Naturally, Best Buy did not have the model he wanted. The sales associate looked up 20 stores in a 50 mile radius, and none of them have it in stock either. Seems that this particular Gateway model with a decent graphics card and other desirable features has been discontinued. Swell...

Although I wasn't in ChitChat much today, I did manage to take my turns on SBW. Heck, I even joined the SBW facebook group, for whatever good that will do me.

Now I am tired. I think I'll curl up with my ASP.NET book and fall asleep.

Good night, everyone!

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I worked today... a very long day... fun.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

How are you feeling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for a walk with my wife in the morning. Worked in the afternoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
sisteray wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

How are you feeling?

About 85%

Thanks for asking.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If Actions Speak Louder Than Words, Then Actions x2 Speak Louder Than Actions
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
One of the Original Twelve
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say. But let's put it this way.

You're all still alive, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was posting!

Am I not enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
amwiles wrote:
So now to collapse and not do the housework I was planning.

Slacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I added an entry to rpg geek ninja and then ran some errands, picking up Coldie in the process, came home, mucked about the house, Coldie came over and we played games, ordered and ate Chinese, and harassed each other! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only did I play games, not only was I off, but I also posted on chit chat! Trifecta baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shopping, Eating, and Playing Games. I had the day off from work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a big circle from home to Open Range Sports indoor range in Crestwood. Kentucky, the next county northeast. I spent an hour and $32.00 there. Then I grabbed a sandwich at McDonald's, caught 3 different expressways(I71, I264, and I64) to pick up my gaming friend, Richard, drove to Pet Shop Comics, in Hillview, KY, one county south on another expressway (I65 to I265 again) and played two games of Memoir'44 from the Campaign Book. Then via (I265 and I65) back home.

Oh yeah, we stopped at a Taco Bell and tried to remember the name of the war movie that starred a couple fellas, one of whom looked like James Coburn but wasn't, the other looked liked Charles Bronson but wasn't and it featured that guy who always played the sleez-weasle character in movies in the late sixties or early seventies. In this case, he was the commanding officer as best as we can remember.

One more thing, I took inventory of all the set and Unique items my 7 Diablo on-line characters have. I might ask someone to help switch some stuff around between characters.

I'm hangin' out around home tomorrow. I'll be more active then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Housework, yardwork, work work, and getting some juice and chips at the nearby Quiki Mart.

Now I get to sit down in my studio for the weekend and get some writing done. That's the fun work part of my life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
While you all went on with what seemed a normal day, I actually spent 3 months questing and fighting to save the earth from these alien beasts that came and froze time with intentions to harvest all the humans and use their meat in microwaveable snacks served at intergalactic convenience stores. All of you would have perceived the stop in time just as a blinking of your eyes and were never fully aware of the danger, but no...I lost 3 months of my life thwarting their plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eager
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh I found a pristine copy of Wiz-War on my FLGS' consignment shelf for dirt cheap! "All energy flows accords to the whims of the Great Magnet." laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
While you all went on with what seemed a normal day, I actually spent 3 months questing and fighting to save the earth from these alien beasts that came and froze time with intentions to harvest all the humans and use their meat in microwaveable snacks served at intergalactic convenience stores. All of you would have perceived the stop in time just as a blinking of your eyes and were never fully aware of the danger, but no...I lost 3 months of my life thwarting their plan.

Hmm. BoardGameGeek brand potato chips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hamzy wrote:
Not only did I play games, not only was I off, but I also posted on chit chat! Trifecta baby!

Hosted Mark and ten others for games day. Why weren't you here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:

Yeah, Wiles' (and Wiles' sock puppet: Toggy)! Ed lives in boonies of South Oklahoma. Its only a short hop, skip, and a jump from San Antonio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Net's down at work... they didn't pay their bill.

I'm just catching up now after midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Empress
Japan
Nogata, Nakano-ku
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hamzy wrote:
edroz wrote:

Yeah, Wiles' (and Wiles' sock puppet: Toggy)! Ed lives in boonies of South Oklahoma. Its only a short hop, skip, and a jump from San Antonio.

No no no. Get it right. AMWiles is my sock pupper. Toggy is in no way shape or form a sock puppet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toggy wrote:
hamzy wrote:
edroz wrote:

No no no. Get it right. AMWiles is my sock pupper. Toggy is in no way shape or form a sock puppet.

I am not a "sock pupper!" See, my sock puppet Toggy has a couple shticks. Don't use spell check and always speak in third person. Leaving out commas helps some, too (see above).

See, if, say, Magdar were a sock puppet, the fact that he speaks in third person would be his shtick, as well as the whole sounding-like-Cookie-Monster sort of thing. But we all know Magdar isn't a sock puppet, like Toggy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.