Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Ferguson
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've looked in the FAQ for some mention of this, and through the rest of the rules forum, and I can't see any mention of this. Which just makes me worry that I'm being plain obtuse...

Did the interpretation occur to anyone else that the Production action be done for each half of the Goods Display, thus placing four cubes in total? After all, Section IX starts off by saying that the phase consists of carrying out actions for the left, and then the right, and then the next paragraph talks about carrying out the Production action.

I gather from incidental comments that this isn't how people play it, though -- right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you have here is confusion caused by the sloppiness of how many people, including myself, refer to the production action and the goods growth phase as collectively "production"

In actuality, the production action, if it was selected, is done immediately before the goods growth phase. They are not in any way the same thing so gg rules do not apply to production.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ferguson
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The way the rules are structured it strongly implies that both happen in the "Goods Growth" phase, given that's the section of the rules that describe it, and no other phase that it might plausible happen in is even alluded to. (Though Funkenschlag seems to get away with most a turn happening "between phases", so why not, I suppose...) But before the actual placement of goods on the map.

However, my query is less to do with the phasing (the order is perfectly clear, in any event), but the way the section is phrased. (Where, as I say, the lead paragraph discusses performing GG sectionwise, then describes production, and then returns to goods placement.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ferguson
Ireland
Cork
Cork
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, wait, I was missing what it says on p5, which on the one hand, says explicitly it happens in the Goods Growth phase, and on the other, says two cubes, without reference to the "two sections" wording in Section IX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.