Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm converting a large wargame to VASSAL, and the maps are a problem.

Specifically, they were originally printed with only maybe 8 colors (it's an old game), but of course when scanned all sorts of errors and shadows and aging and such crank the palette and hose my filesize.

What I need, is someone who can take perhaps a dozen (maybe a few more) LARGE mapsheet scans and unify them to the same minimal PNG palette (I'll provide the exact color count later, but I'm sure it's ~10), so as to dramatically reduce filesize AND actually improve their fidelity to the real-life maps.

This is a big, big VASSAL game, and the way the maps are now the total filesize (and memory requirements) is just too great.

While I'm waiting on another user to scan all the sheets, I have a test sheet already scanned and can provide that to anyone who wishes to try their hand before committing to the entire project.

I'm willing to pay 25GG for this, as it will be a substantial amount of work AND it is a project of great personal value to me.

Any questions, post here.
If you want the sample scan to play with, geekmail me an email address.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do it for the 25gg.

I have the whole adobe suite and I'm positive I can do what you asked. I have lots of free time, and I am obsessive about detail.

You can email the files to my user name @ gmail.com

Or you can use drop.io
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. You've got email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Kloth
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sample done, check your email.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.