Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacco Versteeg
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to get hold of this game for some time now. However, it would seem it's forbidden to have this game in the UK. There are no UK retailers that sell it (as far as I have been able to find), foreign retailers won't ship it to the UK - and in the rare case that they do, shipping costs almost as much as the actual game! What's up with this? Am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could tell you, but I'm not allowed to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're missing the fact that HasbroUK are effectively no more than mere distributors, who bring in only those games that the likes of WHSmith, Argos and ToysRUs ask for. Their levels of competence are right up there with that of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Marketing Division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Ottery
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a bit of digging because I've had the same problems trying to find it over here, or indeed, get a copy sent over from a US retailer. So far, the best reason I've been able to discover is that there's some kind of a licence/IP issue over the name 'Sorry' and as such it's not a product that will be available here until whatever the potential lawsuit is resolved.

Now, I've no idea if that's actually true or not, but it's at least as plausible as any others I've heard...

Guess I really ought to look into setting up a trade or swap with a Stateside geek if I want a copy, but haven't gotten around to it as yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Padget
United States
Claremont
California [CA]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just recently whining about not being able to get travel or magnetic Tantrix in the US. And now that the initial rush of popularity is over, you can't throw a brick in the US without hitting a big-box retailer who sells Sorry! Sliders.

So yes...let's talk a swap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
That's my perp! Futsie, all right - crazy as a coot! He's got to be stopped!
mbmbmbmbmb
This comes as part of the ropey video game Hasbro Family Game Night which is available in the UK so I guess the non-availability of the board game isn't a licensing issue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.