Subject: playing solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Del Orlandi
United States
Sharon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello All, I am looking for a game or game system that i would enjoy playing alone so i was thinking the ats or panzer grenadier
dont want to waste any money or time so if someone could gudie me thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished a solo game of the ATS Berlin first scenario and I enjoyed it.

This system works pretty well for solo play, in my opinion.

coincidentally, I also have PG Cassino set up on the other table and just started that game.

I think these games work well enough for solo play but are MUCH better with an opponent. If you have one available that can fit in to your busy and unusual schedule like I don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara
msg tools
badge
mb
Del,

I've played both and have stuck with ATS. BGII is a fine game and a nice intro to the system. As for PG...I would rather attend an Amway presentation than ever have to play that dreck again. It's little more than marker-shuffling, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Del

Listen to Mo and Martin. Basic game II is an excellent intro to ATS.
I do think that you should take a look at ATS Stalingrad LARGE HEX (second edition).
It comes with the same map, but includes the entire system, rules, markers combat tables etc. and has a small intro game to get you started.

Regarding Panzer Grenadier, I have the exactly the opposite opinion as Mo. I think it's a very good system and would like to play it much more than I do.
It's just as playable solo as ATS, but scenarios tend to last longer.
The scale is also different ( 1 hex=200m ) leading to a different style of gameplay that some people like, and some don't.
Go for Panzer Grenadier: Elsenborn Ridge for the best PG game so far . .. it's also fairly cheap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrapped up Cassino the other day. I agree that it is a fun system, but it plays differently - definitely not small unit tactics, like ATS.

I an even more sure that I have to figure out a way to get some ftf play in for both games. I MAY have an ATS opponent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.