BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Struggling with rulebooks - A possible solution. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Makis Andreou
Cyprus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During my (apparently short!) history as a Geek I've struggled with quite a few rulebooks.
I've been setting up solo games trying to see how games play only to find out later on that I was missing a few rules or that I did not fully understand the game.

I was hence wondering whether it could become common practice for people who know the rules of a game to save and upload games they play on Vassal on BGG.

I am not advertising Vassal or anything I just know that Vassal allows you to "replay" a saved game from start to finish.

In this way, people who are trying to learn a game can follow every move from the beginning to the end in order to make sure that they fully understand its rules.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you should check out some video reviews - search for board game titels on video platforms or look for them in the reviews sections here. They often explain the rules as well.

Watching an entire game as Vassal demo is probably more boring than reading the rulebook a few times :-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Makis Andreou
Cyprus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A fair point.

I think however this could be more applicable to wargames where there are very few videos on the geek and rules are quite complex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a great idea. I know I didn't really grok Tigris and Euphrates until I saw the great annotated game here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.