Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a TF bombard the same shore or Port turn after turn(therefore getting VP's for every turn in a row it bombards)or does it have to go back to port(stay 6 turns and rearm) after bombarding it one time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't hae my rules in front of me, but I thought somewhere that it says each square can be bombarded once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure ships do not have to return to port, but points scored and number of hexes/multiple bombardments is scenario dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always used a house rule: BB, BC,B, CD can bomb 3 turns; Cruiser Type ships 2 turns, and rest of ships one turn. After, they must return to port and rearm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhora12 wrote:
I've always used a house rule: BB, BC,B, CD can bomb 3 turns; Cruiser Type ships 2 turns, and rest of ships one turn. After, they must return to port and rearm.

Wow, that's a lot of bombardment!

I'm not sure why you make the distinction between the sizes. The turns are so long that any ship would pretty much use up its allotment of HE shells suitable for a bombardment within one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miquel Izquierdo Cazorla
Spain
08030 Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so long for me. Each turn is four hours, and this don't mean that the ships are bombing all the time.

Of course, you can always rest the three turns bombing the same zone, and can expect find all the enemy has at sea over you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombardment duration is scenario dependent. What is odd is that the scenarios often make no distinction as to the type of ship needed for the VPs. We are using a ship dependent awarding of VP by assigning 1/2 VP for each Primary, 1/3 VP for each Secondary, and 1/4 VP for each Tertiary gun factor (eg Goeben 6/3/1 scores 4.25 VP per turn of allowed bombardment whereas Breslau 0/1/2 scores only 0.83 VP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ace Hudson
msg tools
A few years ago ('07ish?), I had run into this same question, exacerbated by the notion that in SWWAS, bombardments required a port re-arm. So, I assumed that GWAS *must* have a similar mechanic that just failed to be explicitly written in the rulebooks. I posted a question to Avalanche Press and the 'official' answer I received was: 'Do not substitute SWWAS rules into GWAS.' So, the official gist was no, you do not have to go to port and re-arm after bombardments in GWAS. That said, House Rules a go-go I suppose.

Edit: In regards to the main question of the OP: the rules explicitly state that no zone may offer up VPs for bombardment beyond the first instance per zone bombarded. I haven't vetted *all* the scenarios to see if any 'scenario dependent' exceptions were ever made... but the CORE RULES specifically prohibit bombardment abuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.