Subject: Sweetners? Teasers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Rinella! Can we have some sweetners? Like a look at the rule book or the map? There aren't any links on the MMP website. Might help get some orders. I personally would like to take a look at the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, what you see here is all that's available.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Breakthrough: Cambrai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is unfortunate, b/c I think that is something that is keeping some people away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP has other priorties. I've asked. Regularly. I'm hopeful there will be movement once the game hits its pre-order mark. Right now we're at 517/550 (94%). So maybe before the end of the summer we'll see some new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for keeping up with all our needling questions. Good luck with the game, and keep us posted!

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be greatly relieved when Cambrai hits its pre-order mark, and doubly so when it goes to the printers.

For anyone who likes games of this sort, i.e. Not War But Murder and Breakthrough: Cambrai I have reached an agreement with the recently launched Battles magazine for a game titled Counter Attack! Arras 21 May 1940.

And in the case of publisher there is already teaser art. A full draft of the past was recently posted at consimworld.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@788.sN1bfaallob.130@.1dd3...

I'm not sure this will work but it's worth a try. The publisher's website has not been updated yet, but this game will be the game included in issue #2. And you won't have to wait two years for it - it should be in print in late September!

Michael Rinella

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, looking forward to it! I really liked the first issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Breakthrough: Cambrai needs only 9 more orders - so close! Hopefully in the next two weeks this'll happen. I can lobby more effectively for more art if the game has truly hit its "mark".

Michael Rinella
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Sweetners? Teasers.
Well, here we are some 18 months later and there is still no new artwork to tease you with.

The good news, however, is that I am informed the artist is at last working on new artwork. So we could have more to show in the near future.

The game has 603 orders, but the numbers have barely increased since hitting 550 back in early September 2009. There's still a chance to get BT:C at the preorder price but order soon. The discount will not remain for much longer.

Michael Rinella

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All component artwork is now completed. Proofing of the rulebook and playbook (which has scenarios, examples of play, and design notes) is nearly finished. I will tease you to say both books look great - color illustrations, nice layout.

At long last, the tanks are at their starting points and ready to cross the trenches ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Rinella wrote:
All component artwork is now completed. Proofing of the rulebook and playbook (which has scenarios, examples of play, and design notes) is nearly finished. I will tease you to say both books look great - color illustrations, nice layout.

At long last, the tanks are at their starting points and ready to cross the trenches ...

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.