Commands & Colors: Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Designer's Notes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Valdes-Lora
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Has Mr Borg published any articles or other notes discussing the design of the game?

Mario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sword of Gideon
msg tools
mbmbmb
Unfortunately not to my knowledge, Mario.

However, I suspect he just wanted to keep the GAME aspect of CC:A, and bring in a whole bunch of newbies into the "sport". Perhaps he thought a designer's notes would detract from the universality of his game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is actually an article from back before the game was released. My memory is fuzzy, but they are available online... somewhere. It had the infamous mention of the Napoleonic flavor of the C&C system, which still hasn't seen the light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dcorban wrote:
There is actually an article from back before the game was released. My memory is fuzzy, but they are available online... somewhere. It had the infamous mention of the Napoleonic flavor of the C&C system, which still hasn't seen the light.

I believe this is what you are looking for. (I bookmarked it, ya know)

http://www.bouldergames.com/gamenotes/gamenotes_803.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Valdes-Lora
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Thank you much. Not much mention of Ancients but it gives a flavor of his philosophy and goals (granted they are fairly obvious from the game itself...). I guess no further word on the Napoleonics since, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
mvaldeslora wrote:
Thank you much. Not much mention of Ancients but it gives a flavor of his philosophy and goals (granted they are fairly obvious from the game itself...). I guess no further word on the Napoleonics since, huh?

BAttle Cry is to be reissued next year in preparation for the anniversay for the year after.

But for Napoleonics, I was assured it is under contract but won't be announced until "that company" decides to do so. Apparently the title has been under contract many times before but those companies have allowed ti to lapse without exercising their right to publish it. (I am not lawyer, so my terms might be off - but basically, many companies have had the rights and chosen not to publich - so we may have more of the same. Regardless, Richard Borg can't give any more details.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Davis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Howdy,

On June 25th on the GMT forum at Consimworld, the following was posted by Gene Billingsley:

C&C Napoleonic????

When can we expect to see Command and Colors: Napoleonic Ed. in the P500 queue?

Dave Smith

Sorry, Dave, I missed this earlier.

Nothing concrete as yet on timing for P500 as much is still in flux, but if I had to guess right now I'd say probably a 2-4 month timeframe to see it on the P500 list would be about right.

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.