col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yahoo wrote:
A blinded man has seen his wife for the first time after surgeons gave him back his sight using one of his teeth.

Martin Jones' canine was pulled out so a tiny optical lens could be fitted to it, then the tooth was inserted in his eye socket.

The 42-year-old lost his left eye and was totally blinded in the right 12 years ago when a tub of molten aluminium exploded in his face at the scrapyard where he worked.

He fell in love with care worker Gill, 50, and the pair married four years ago and settled down in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

But he had never dreamt he would be able to see what she looks like.

Then he heard about these amazing operations performed by surgeon Christopher Lui and his team in Brighton, East Sussex.

He said when the bandages came off the first person he wanted to see was Gill.

"The doctors took the bandages off and it was like looking through water.

"Then I saw this figure and it was her, it was unbelieveable," Mr Jones told The Sun newspaper.

The tooth was implanted in his cheek for three months to grow blood vessels and new tissue.

Once it was moved into his eye it was under two weeks until Mr Jones could see.

"When I tell friends I see through my tooth they don't believe me.

"But then I take off my glasses - and my eye looks like something from a sci-fi movie," Mr Jones told The Sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's going to take the easy "it must have been an eye tooth" pun? Anyone? No one?

It must have been an eye tooth! WOKKA WOKKA WOKKA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:

"Then I saw this figure and it was her, it was unbelieveable," Mr Jones told The Sun newspaper.

They didn't include the whole quote. What he really said is: "Then I saw this figure and it was her, it was unbelieveable. She told me she was 25!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, the doctors went a little too far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
good for that guy, and buckets of shivering creepy for the rest of us. Everybody wins.

I wonder if I might rather be blind in his shoes. I hope to never find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
creeepy. But amazing idea for an operation. Glad they are pulling it through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.