Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just got a message back from Bruno Faidutti -- this is not an authorized version of Diamant/Unnamed Object. On BGG, we will typically list a rip-off version of a game but will keep it separate from the real/official version of a game, but we will also post notice that a game is not an official game and not an authorized product of the game designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
I've not seen the full rules yet - it would be nice if someone can email me a scan of them - so I'm not absolutely sure it's a ripoff of Diamant, but is seems to be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But hasn't it been said many times that you can't copyright the mechanics of a game, only the specific components/presentation?

Which would make this an impolite, if not downright rude version, but still legal and therefore not Pirated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogério de Leon Pereira
Brazil
Maringa
Paraná
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I never was seen the Incan Gold in action, I buy the "Risco Total" last week. After read this post I go ahead and read Incan Gold rules and need to say: they look like the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Couto
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My opinion is, it's not illegal but is a lack of personality and I think GROW must give a chance to new designers instead steal other ideias... It's a shame...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogério de Leon Pereira
Brazil
Maringa
Paraná
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
faidutti wrote:
I've not seen the full rules yet - it would be nice if someone can email me a scan of them - so I'm not absolutely sure it's a ripoff of Diamant, but is seems to be one.

I can send you, but only if you read in portuguese! The manual is very short, I think I can translate it for english, je suis desolée.

Edit: I finish the translation from Portuguese to English and put it at this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3654506#3654506

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Vicente dos Santos Alves
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not the first time that GROW does that.
They also have a "unnoficial" version of diplomacy named "1914".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.