2 Posts

Risk: Star Wars – The Clone Wars Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Review Of Rule Book. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micky Coleman
msg tools
Point 1
I bought my version of the game off Ebay. The rule book stated there should be 30 separatist cards I only had 29. After research on this awesome site I discovered there are only 29 separatist cards.

Point 2
Order 66 is the core of the game, it should be explained page 1, instead it is mentioned and avoided on almost every page until being explained at the end.

Point 3
Ships should also be mentioned earlier too for the same reasons.

Point 4
If someone had not played conventional RISK before they would not learn them from this rule book. Which emphasizes putting the unique rules first.

Point 5
The use of he/she throughout the rules is annoying. The dash creates an unnecessary pause and flow of the sentence and distracts from the instruction. Why not just say they?

Well. There you have it. I love RISK but I'd like to know if anybody else has a problem with the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
My rule book was fine-- no inaccuracies. Of course, I've a dual-language version and hence a different edition.

I'd suggest though that you not call questions like this a review though to avoid confusion with actual reviews please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.