Popular Tags: [View All]
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
If both Hunters have their maximum number of Items, are they allowed to trade?

The rulebook wrote:
Trading allows the Hunter to trade Item cards back and forth with any one other Hunter in the same city as him. The two Hunters can trade Item cards with each other in any way they see fit, as long as neither goes over their limit for Item cards.
(Emphasis in the original, but not important to this question.)

Yes: Hunter A and Hunter B trade Item Card 1 and Item Card 2 simultaneously, so at no point do they go over their hand limit. The final clause emphasizes that the final result of the trading must be a legal position.

No: Hunter A and Hunter B trade Item Card 1 and Item Card 2 in a "back and forth" manner, so after Item Card 1 is passed Hunter A has 2 Items and Hunter B has 4 Items before Item Card 2 has a chance to be passed. This violates the final clause.

Thoughts?
PP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EP Papa
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with the first method. Trading happens simultaneously. I don't know of any game where it does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes is the answer. The hunters can't have more cards than their limits after the trade is concluded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Pserious
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!
badge
I dislike the Canadiens. (The hockey team, that is, not people from Canada in general.)
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, folks.

I guess we were a little too hung up on the "back and forth" phrase and unnecessary reiteration of the hand limit.

Back to trading as normal

Cheers,
PP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.