Subject: Easy enough that a megalomaniacal six year old could play it. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Hanson
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I played this game a couple of times last night to get the feel of it, and then we sat down with the kids, six and nine, to play a four player game.

My wife played first, and I kind of assumed that I would essentially be playing the six year old's hand for her, but she wouldn't even allow me to see her cards. Her very first play was offensive, taking control of my wife's first building. And so it went. My older daughter essentially did the slow and steady, taking and maintaining control of one neighborhood and branching out a bit, but her little sister played the most cut-throat game I've ever seen. She took the tallest building and then fortified that building so that no one else could claim it, and she continued to just take the offensive. In fact, I had to remind her that she could actually make plays even when she didn't have cards that allowed her to take someone else's building.

My wife and I were basically continuing to try to get a grip on just what the appropriate strategy should be for this game. Do you use up your tall building at the front end of the game, or do you save them for the end? Is it best to play a combination of pieces each round? In the end, my wife won through serious strategic takeovers in the last round, but we were all neck in neck, and I think the two kids' strategies actually taught me more about the possible strategic approaches than all the careful thinking I was supposedly doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.