Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason why a were-wolf cursed player in Competitive mode of ToE would WANT to get cured! Its one of the few times you get to attack a player (even though doing so is somewhat random), and while you get to damage them (with a decent bonus to do so), and they get to damage you back while earning Investigation, it still seems more focused on the cursed Hero doing damage to other Heroes. While that WOULD be a problem in co-op games, it just seems great to be able to attack your competition EVERY round! And do so regardless of distance (i.e.: if I'm at the Abandoned Keep, and the nearest player is at the Windmill or even the Cathedral which will be on the new Map expansion, I can still attack them!!)

So been trying to think about how we can make the curse more of a "CURSE". Some ideas are:

- Were-Wolf Heroes loose -1 Dice in Combat against the Were-wolf (its the Alpha wolf and its instinctual dominance prevents you using your full force against it)*

- each Were-Wolf Hero in play grants the Were-wolf +1 Combat (they are part of his 'Pack')*

- Were-Wolf Heroes CANNOT ask for help from Town-Elders*

*: this makes the Were-wolf more powerful against most heroes, and almost deviating against Were-Wolf Heroes.

- Were-Wolf Heroes are treated as minions to other heroes, making them targets/obstructions for other Heroes (also Silver Bullets do their effects to Were-Wolf Heroes as if they were a Were-Wolf). Were-Wolf Heroes do not attack each turn, rather they can BE attacked instead.

- March of Darkness affects all Were-Wolf Heroes (i.e.: they must move towards the Town-Hall - though subtle this may delay some movement)

Any more ideas on this? Or does anyone want to offer a constructive disagreement as to why it should remain as is, and why? Hope to get some feedback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Langer
Germany
Coburg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
FIS Franconian Gaming Club
badge
History teacher at work
mbmbmbmbmb
We've encountered the curse situation only twice so far, but to us, it didn't seem broken.
In our last game I got cursed and I defenitely wanted to get rid of it, because the other players were quite well equipped and so attacking them would hurt me more than them, it seemed to me. Getting knocked down as a werewolf still means losing d6 items, investigation etc. and furthermore it means losing the next turn. When you're knocked down in the mystery phase you don't get up before the next mystery phase when you have to attack another player again and then you lose again and so...

Of course, when the werewolf is the best equipped player it might be fun to hunt the other players, although I still think that as you eventually want to go into the showdown, you can't risk being wounded while fighting against other players. But as I said before, perhaps we still have to encounter the situation when it seems to be good to be a werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.