I have a question:

victory rule:
- more White swords

loss rule:
- 12 siege engine

example:
The Round table : 8 White swords; 3 Black swords

The Siege Area: 10 Siege Engine

Loss a war of Pict, so add 1 black sword in camelot and put 2 siege engine in the siege area.

Now :
The Round table : 8 White swords; 3 Black swords + 1 Black = 12 (more white) game end and Win.

but

The Siege Area: 10 Siege Engine + 2 siege engine = 12, so game end too,but we lose.

Which one?
Lose or Win?
Thx any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game tends to break all ties to the disadvantage of the players, so in this event I'd call it a loss. Don't know an official ruling, but a loss would be in the spirit of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No need to interpret-- rules say the instant the 12th siege engine goes down, the forces of good lose (no matter what else).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Even though there are 12 swords, precedence is given to the 12th siege engine that is laid down, so the siege area wins. That is the way I interpret the rules.
If I am wrong then I must have won my last game, too laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Has
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
It actually answers this in their FAQ:
http://www.daysofwonder.com/shadowsovercamelot/en/content/fa...

Which Says:
"During a defeat against the Picts (or Saxons) where a 12th Siege Engine is laid simultaneously with a 12th sword, of which a majority are white, is the game won (because of the majority of White swords) or lost (because of the 12 Siege Engines)?

In this case the game is lost: It is lost the instant a 12th Siege Engine is laid around Camelot, before there is even a chance for the Knights to count the White swords!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.