Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well, at long last, I have the game
I am reading the rules and will start to play the game later on this evening.
Which is the best four character combination to use for the Die Zombie Die (intro) game ?

Would appreciate any advice/comments.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gordon -- since you'll probably be doing the killing scenario, I would recommend Sheriff Anderson just because he starts the game with a gun. That will help you learn the line of sight rules for guns. Anyone else with him will be fun. Just remember that you need to SEARCH to find weapons. You can't kill zombies without something that gives you more than 2 dice.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks, Rick.

Sheriff Anderson is on my list....his gun will be helpful laugh
I believe that when you search this is counted as a move. Fifteen moves only ....LOL that does sound scary

Thinking of adding the nurse just in case of emergency. The other characters seem to be very similar, hence my question.

Also, if the rifle is not in the deck or turns up in the discard pile, it is taking a risk choosing a character who can make use of this weapon.

I must say, this game really does look great and I am really looking forward to a long night ahead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Thompson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Johnny is a straight-forward fighter. Give him a decent weapon and a good event card if you can swing it and he is usually good to go. You'll come to appreciate his wins on ties ability a great deal. Don't get too overconfident with him though, as he only has 2 hits.

Father Joseph is actually a very decent melee character, especially with some faith on him. His card canceling power can be extremely useful, and when teamed up with Becky, the duo can be almost game breakingly powerful

If the Barn is on the map, Jenny is a very wise pick. Even if it isn't she can be very useful. Just remember that luck can swing fast in this game , and, like Johnny, she can go from awesome to dead surprisingly fast.

If you feel like countering some of that luck a bit, try using Sally. She isn't exactly play and go like Johnny, as her Lucky ability requires a lot of dice rolling and attentio. With some fortuitous draws and the great equipment however, Sally can be one of the deadliest characters in the game.

Becky, as you mentioned, is a wonderful support character, but I have found her to be a bit of a liability when she tries to go out on her own and fight. Play her as a nurse, not an action hero.

Jake is very good at finding cards and is thus very good in scenarios where you need to find specific items. That said, he can get equipped with deadly weapons quite quickly as well and shouldn't be over looked as a decent, versatile character, both as a fighter and in a support capacity with his tendency to find useful events and healing supplies.

Billy is fast, and can be good at evading zombies when he is vulnerable, and being where he needs to be rather reliably. However, this kind of play is better suited to other scenarios. In this one, Billy is more vulnerable. Don't despair if you draw him randomly, Billy isn't useless, but I would let him sit this one out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks, Ian.
I am now ready and looking forward to 10.30pm ninja
Even if my characters get killed, at least I will know how a group works against the zombies zombie

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.