tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara Saurio
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
Logitech G25 + rFactor + XtremeRacers = pure sim racing!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't recall where I read that the deputy can't be arrested in Arkham.
I don't know what happens in Innsmouth, but I'd say that, thematically, he/she could be arrested there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The FAQ clarifies that the Deputy cannot be arrested due to the Curfew Enforced Mythos card which arrests any investigators on the streets in Phase 2. The assumption then is that the Deputy cannot be arrested during any other encounters/mythos effects.

But until further clarified for Innsmouth, I would say he can be arrested in Innsmouth. Reasons being is that there is nothing inherent in the Deputy being immune from getting arrested except the one specific example in the FAQ. And even if he was (the FAQ goes beyond just the one Mythos card), then there is still nothing that says the Mythos-centric "police" force in Innsmouth would grant any professional courtesy to their Brothers in Blue from Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
We house rule that you can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Olivares
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But until further clarified for Innsmouth, I would say he can be arrested in Innsmouth. Reasons being is that there is nothing inherent in the Deputy being immune from getting arrested except the one specific example in the FAQ. And even if he was (the FAQ goes beyond just the one Mythos card), then there is still nothing that says the Mythos-centric "police" force in Innsmouth would grant any professional courtesy to their Brothers in Blue from Arkham.

I would think otherwise, given that Tommy Muldoon from the IH expansion is a rookie police officer for Arkham, and it has been explicitly stated that he cannot be arrested in IH.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Skip Olivares wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

I would think otherwise, given that Tommy Muldoon from the IH expansion is a rookie police officer for Arkham, and it has been explicitly stated that he cannot be arrested in IH.

Tommy and Mark Harrigan both specifically state "may not be arrested" and it was clarified to include Innsmouth as well.

The Deputy does not say that. The FAQ implies it but does not go so far as to specifcally state it. They only reference the Mythos card. there were other instances of the base game causing investigators to be arrested. Had they clarified that those other situations do not arrest the Deputy, then I would say it is a safe bet that he cannot be arrested.

But until then, I would default to the Rules As Written and say the Deputy can be arrested in Innsmouth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
But until then, I would default to the Rules As Written and say the Deputy can be arrested in Innsmouth.

So are you only applying no arrest for Deputy against Curfew Enforced? There are some, even base game, Mythos/encounters for getting arrested(Deputy with Whiskey + Temperance Fever comes to mind atm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dam the Man wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

So are you only applying no arrest for Deputy against Curfew Enforced? There are some, even base game, Mythos/encounters for getting arrested(Deputy with Whiskey + Temperance Fever comes to mind atm).

That's my point, the FAQ is so specific to Curfew Enforced that it doesn't really leave any room for applying it to other situations. If the FAQ answer simply came back: "The Deputy cannot be arrested" then I would have no problem with it and say he is immune from Innsmouth.

I have been trying to find discussion on it so I could find something solid. I had always played it as the Deputy was immune from arrests, but there is nothign official that supports it.

I found what I think is the original question that prompted the printed FAQ response. In the original question, it asked if the Deputy can be arrested and referenced Curfew Enforced. But when the editied "for clarity" in the FAQ, they dropped any mention of being arrested and focus only on the Curfew Enforced portion of the question.

I really think the Deputy should be immune from getting arrested. I just don't think we have anything official that confirms that. A simple word from Kevin would clear this up in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.