Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're playing with the Playroom rules, and the final scoring is a bit confusing to us.

After each round during the game, the rules say each tent scores using the numbers on the left side of the board. So if I placed a tent with a "1" die, I receive 1 point, if I placed with a "2" die, I receive 2 points, etc. That makes sense.

The End of Game scoring says:

"After scoring the last column, the game ends and the final scoring begins. First all six Tent rows are counted. This time, only the player with the most Tents in a row receives points indicated on the left side next to the row. In the case of a tie, all points are divided evenly between the tied players and rounded down if necessary. The available points are indicated in the grey Tent symbols on the right."

I've underlined the word "left" in the previous paragraph. I believe it should say "right", not left. Is that correct? In other words, the left side numbers are used for scoring each round, but the right side numbers are used for scoring the final round, based on the most Tents in each corresponding row. That makes the most sense, but I want to be sure I'm reading it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's on the right side for the end of the game, that's what my original translation was.

There was an example graphic in the original rules, is it still there? It clearly shows red getting 10 points for having the majority in row 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There was an example graphic in the original rules, is it still there? It clearly shows red getting 10 points for having the majority in row 2.

Yes, the example is there, and that seemed to make the most sense, but the use of the word "left" rather than "right" confused the issue. Thanks for the clarification.

This is going to be a fun, fast game. We're just now playing our second game. Only 2 of us tonight. I think it will be more interesting with more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've been craving this one for a while, it looks fast, fun, and gorgeous. Almost bought the European version when I was in France two months ago, but couldn't bring myself to do it knowing a NA release was coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been nice to have a round scoring example in the rules. My wife and I figured that if the final scoring could have the left and right reversed, we'd do that for the round scoring as well (which makes for a very high scoring game).

It also reverses the value of tents using a (7-x)*2 formula, basically. This actually drastically changes the strategy of die use and tent pitching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.