United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Check out my blog at www.rollingboxcars.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Avalanche those frikkin b******s!
I just looked at the "Coming Soon" Page and they list the WWI series as two separate titles. I remember when they made the announcement for this new series, but I don't recall it all being boxed into one module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Re: Avalanche those frikkin b******s!
My memory is that when they split it into two games, they indicated that people who had paid the pre-order for the original would get both games as their pre-order... (Wasn't the original pre-order price $99 and now each of the games are $50?).....similarly, they split 1866 into three (!!!) games and iirc people who pre-ordered the original will get all three as their pre-order....

I didn't order either as I just don't bother with AP games, but in this case I think you have it wrong....

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This from the May 19, 2009 email newsletter (which you should sign up for if you order anything from AP - or want to - ever).

Infantry Attacks: One Becomes Two
Two is almost always better than one, and our Infantry Attacks series of World War One tactical games will debut this summer with not one but two new games. Empires End has been split into two volumes: August 1914 covering the German-Russian battles in East Prussia, and Fall of Empires on the battles between Russia and Austria-Hungary in Galicia. Forty scenarios and six mapboards in EACH game (against 50 scenarios and eight boards in the old one) for one penny less! If you pre-ordered Empires End, you'll get both games -- more stuff at no additional charge.

In the end I think your note should be one of happiness instead of this.

Edit (thank you for fixing the title)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
IrishBouzouki wrote:
Modoc wrote:
I just looked at the "Coming Soon" Page and they list the WWI series as two separate titles. I remember when they made the announcement for this new series, but I don't recall it all being boxed into one module.

No, you are mistaken in that. See the link for the one game Infantry Attacks: Fall of Empires. This is what everybody probably pre-ordered. One game covering tactical warfare on the entire Eastern front in 1914.

Now it is to be released as two games... Infantry Attacks: August 1914 (Germans and Russians) and Infantry Attacks: Fall of Empires (Austro-Hungarians and Russians), with no notification to pre-orderers who thought they were ordering one game to cover the whole topic.

You're getting both boxed sets with more counters at least, and perhaps more maps...I don't remember that part specifically. It was talked about extensively both on their website as well as consimworld. That they didn't send an email doesn't surprise me--communication is not their strongpoint. I suppose, from a strictly shelf-space point of view, getting two games for the price of one is disadvantageous, but in most cases, getting more for your money is usually better.

I know they made the decision because economically it would hurt sales at the price-point necessary to keep it one game, and so AP decided to take the smaller loss in giving more physical product to the pre-sale folks. SO they lose a little at the front-end and sell more games through distribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lakatos
United States
Wauwatosa
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Fella's!

I knew about this clealry - and I don't belong to CSW - beacuse it was in their email newsletter! If you don't get signed up automatically when you preorder, or given the option to.... sign yourself up then (a good option no matter who you order/preorder from). So when it is communicated, you'll know (like I did back in the middle of May).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J

Mt Crawford
Virginia
msg tools
orionstars wrote:
it was in their email newsletter! If you don't get signed up automatically when you preorder, or given the option to.... sign yourself up then (a good option no matter who you order/preorder from). So when it is communicated, you'll know (like I did back in the middle of May).

Well, there are people in this world who already get enough trash email and adding a game company "email newsletter" because they pre-order 1 game which is due out any time might seem to be a bit of an extreme measure. There are other companies that just send updates on pre-order games to a mailing list for just that information.

But that said... how embarrassing for me. I apologize folks. Mea culpa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.