Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
I hosted a BSG game today at a local game store. Two of the players have played a few times, the other two players were brand new, and I've got about a half dozen games under my belt.

It started off feeling like we were being beaten down by drawing swarm after swarm of cylon ship cards (we drew like 7 before we even reached the sleeper phase) but somehow we were doing great on all of our stats (we also drew like 4 "good" cards, that got us back our ships, gave us fuel, etc.)

Then, as we got up to around 5 on our distance to Earth, one of the players declared she was a Cylon and threw one of our players into sick bay. Then a turn went around, and she moved to the Cylon location where she can draw crisis cards. After that, things were still looking good, until the player to her left, who was also the President, played executive order on her! Allowing her to draw more crisis cards for us! This completely drained our hands of cards. We were now surrounded by ships, so I went to FTL and jumped, hoping to get a 3 distance card to jet us toward the end of the game. But we got a 2. We managed to get the President into the brig (but we should have taken the presidency away - I mistakenly thought players didn't get any actions while in the brig). So the Cylon drew more crisis cards, then the President player Executive Orders again on their turn and we get two more thrown at us! We are now at 0 on the jump track, and three of our resources are down to 2 or less.

We tried hard, but there was no way to get the jump track up to the minimum jump position before the Cylon player took her turn and zeroed out our fuel.

At first I wasn't sure the Executive Order could be played on a Cylon, but there doesn't seem to be anything to contradict it in the rules. Pretty shrewd!

This game continues in my long tradition of 0 human wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See the FAQ:

"Q: Can a revealed Cylon player be targeted by the “Executive
Order” Skill card or Quorum cards?
A: No."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Paul
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
badge
man lying down on job voluntarily
mbmbmbmbmb
REALLY!? Oh man, that lost us the game!

I am now printing the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
And thus the beauty of Board Game Geek!

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Nagy
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Revealed cylons can't play or be targeted by any skill cards. They can only put them into skill checks. Revealed cylons can't play Investigative Comitee or Scientific Research before a skill check, can't modify rolls with Startegic Planning, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.