Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Gaming Articles » Year of the Conventions

Subject: Is anyone going to GenCon 2009 in Indianapolis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: gencon2009 [+] [View All]
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After a long hiatus, I'm returning to GenCon to judge a series of historical (sometimes hysterical) miniatures games. Is anyone at BGG going besides me? If you are, stop by and say hi!

When I first went to GenCon's, they were actually IN Lake Geneva, Wisconsin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Richter
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll be there (coming from Nashville, TN area).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timrichter9 wrote:
I'll be there (coming from Nashville, TN area).

I'll be there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lochtefeld
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there in the open gaming area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there, along with GAWD and some other friends from Miami, FL.

I'll be bringing Twilight Imperium and we may need 2-3 volunteers to join us. Drop me a geekmail if you want to play.

Henry R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hancock
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there picking up the hot eurogamer babes by showing off my cube skills.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll be bringing Twilight Imperium and we may need 2-3 volunteers to join us. Drop me a geekmail if you want to play.

Hmmm, that could be difficult. soblue I'm arriving Thursday and judging a 4 hour HO armor battle from 4-8. Friday, I'm doing 2 WWI air mini-campaigns, one at 10, the second at 11 am. Then, I'm doing an HO ACW miniatures battle from 2-6pm. Saturday, I'm judging an HO Napoleonics battle at 10am till 2pm. At 4pm, I'll be doing another HO armor battle till 8pm. Sunday, I head home for Chicago as I've got an inservice for school on Monday morning. But, do stop by and say hi!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there from Thursday afternoon until Sunday. Stayin' at the Crowne Plaza so I don't have to fight for a parking spot downtown.

Previously I spent all my time in the miniatures areas, ignoring the board game halls. But no longer. Since my last visit to GenCon (2007), I've moved almost completely into boardgames.

I'm coming from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I'll be fondly remembering the days when I could make a day trip to Milwaukee for GenCon. *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'll be going and coming from Utah. but the only mini event I'm doing is DDM. Good luck on running events. I use to run the Prussian Kriegsspiel at gencon, but just took to long to get ready for it. Not at the con. it took months to get everything ready. I'll try to drop by your events but not on Friday. I got tickets to the Colts game :-)

Colts game? You lucky stiff! There's wargames with monsters, not miniatures!
The set up for all my games will probably take me 2 or 3 days because I'm trying out some new organizational tweeks. I'm doing 4 HO games specifically to use the terrain 4 times and not to have to lug more around with me! Hope to see you!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bobek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Previously I spent all my time in the miniatures areas, ignoring the board game halls. But no longer. Since my last visit to GenCon (2007), I've moved almost completely into boardgames.

I'm coming from Oshkosh, Wisconsin. I'll be fondly remembering the days when I could make a day trip to Milwaukee for GenCon. *sigh*

I agree about the day trip memories!!! They at least could have moved it to Chicago or a suburb of Chicagosoblue

Stop by one of my miniatures games and give me a chance to convert you back to the light

PS You can Download A Nation Divided from the files at The Games of War. It's a free copy of miniatures rules for ACW games that I'll use at GenCon. Try it and let me know your opinion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Love all the mini's at Gencon - and I'll be there! I'm running Galactic Emperor on Thursday night and am scheduled into a few other events. Mostly, I'll be milling about. I'll be the guy with a wide grin splitting his face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, and I have nothing planned yet, so I'll need plenty of suggestions and insight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Brooks
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day..."
badge
Gnome dance is best dance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I could be there, but just don't have the funds to go. Man, the Northeast needs more big conventions (or conventions in general). At least starting next year, we'll have PAX East in Boston and I can get to one game con.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nell
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be there. Got quite a bit planned too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Stever
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there for my 28th GenCon. This year I'm demoing for Days of Wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be there--our first GenCon ever and my game, Kachina, will be demoed by Bucephalus Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roethele
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife & I will be there from Wed. - Sun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Stevens
United States
Oshkosh
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wargamer204 wrote:

Stop by one of my miniatures games and give me a chance to convert you back to the light

Ooooh, miniatures!

Um, what is your event number?

Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Planning on all four days w/ my daughter. Sunday is iffy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'll be there. Running a big Race For The Galaxy tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Greenvoss
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I am going for the first time ever - thus fulfilling a long time dream of mine. I am very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
XaaK wrote:
I am going for the first time ever - thus fulfilling a long time dream of mine. I am very excited.

Much like the pilgramige to Mecca it can easily be seen as a "once in a lifetime" event.... at least that's what I told myself 4 years and 4 Gencon's ago. whistle

Is the a BGG event/ doinz'/ hodown/ gladhanding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Lawrence
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Hey! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm coming from Los Angeles. I typically fly into Nashville then drive up with friends. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr ?
United States
Midwest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be there!

I just started paining minis (Flames of War) a couple months back so I am really interested to see those games and the hall with the minis in particular.

GENCON still rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Strohm
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I will be there. I will be there Thursday - Sunday, my wife will get there Thursday evening. We have a few things planned out, but we also plan to spend a lot of time in the Hall and Board Game room doing demos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.