Popular Tags: [View All]
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

For those interested in a quick and easy one-stop storage solution for all of BSG's cards, tokens, and minis, a Plano 3650 box works wonders.

All the plastic and cardboard bits get their own compartments, while all the playing cards, character sheets, and Basestars fit on the right.

You can keep this thing easily accessible near the game board, and pull out bits only as needed. This really helps avoid clutter and keeps the playing area clean. No more loose stacks of raiders, heavy raiders, civilian ships, centurions, and damage tokens sprawled out near the board, waiting to get buried under cards or knocked on the floor whenever things get exciting.

For more ways to organize the playing area and reduce clutter, check out my Card Mats: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/421252
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugo's Amazing Tape instead of rubber bands would make this ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Paris
United States
Post Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ANYTHING is better than using rubber bands!

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Hugo's Amazing Tape instead of rubber bands would make this ideal.

Huh. I never heard of Hugo's Amazing Tape until now. Just googled it, and it seems like a nifty invention, with plenty of practical uses. But I don't understand the allure in this case. Why is it better than rubber bands for organizing cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
crparis wrote:

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crparis wrote:

shake

Explicate please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubber bands deteriorate over time. Plasticizing agents and/or oils in the rubber sweat out and become sticky (especially during warmer weather). Result: hard pieces of rubber band stuck to your cards, leaving nasty stains or a torn of top layer.

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh... some of my Magic cards know this fate very well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah - don't use rubber bands to store cards. Apart from the above, you may also end up with nasty dents in the sides of your cards.

I store mine in baggies. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah bags work well for all the bsg cards.

Does that amazing tape stuff really work? It isnt sticky at all?

I do want some of those plano boxes, have so many games which would benefit from them, oddly though I think BSG is one of the few games that fits pretty well inside its box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I do want some of those plano boxes, have so many games which would benefit from them, oddly though I think BSG is one of the few games that fits pretty well inside its box!

Hugo's sticks to itself and not the cards. It's like a colorform if you remember those.

I keep a roll in my bag now and any time a game with cards in it gets opened or played (since buying a few rolls), it immediately gets a strip of tape for card storage.

Keeps the deck as a nice unit, the tape strip is reusable, I think you can write on it with a ball point or sharpie (but I haven't yet).

Really nice stuff. Pricey, but well worth it. Go in on it with a few friends to hit the breakpoint number of rolls when you work out the shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Corbin
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Hugo's sticks to itself and not the cards. It's like a colorform if you remember those.

I keep a roll in my bag now and any time a game with cards in it gets opened or played (since buying a few rolls), it immediately gets a strip of tape for card storage.

Keeps the deck as a nice unit, the tape strip is reusable, I think you can write on it with a ball point or sharpie (but I haven't yet).

Really nice stuff. Pricey, but well worth it. Go in on it with a few friends to hit the breakpoint number of rolls when you work out the shipping.

I write on my with a sharpie, just so I can mark with the end is making it easier to "open". On the games I haven't done that, most people give and try to slide the band off the box. The sharpie ink on my box wrappings does wear off a bit, over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Plano 3650 boxes seem like the ideal storage solution for games. They're cheap and most Wal-Marts seem to carry them for about $4. I'm using two now, one for BSG and one for Last Night on Earth, and it's working great. I can't remember the number on it but I have a slightly bigger one that I'm using for all of the Arkham Horror bits.

The only difference between my setup and yours here is just where the bits are and that I have my decks wrapped with a strip of Hugo's Tape. The other nice thing about this is that I can take this, the board, and the rules and toss it all into my laptop bag to carry with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mont A.
United States
Carbondale
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaric wrote:
Those Plano 3650 boxes seem like the ideal storage solution for games. They're cheap and most Wal-Marts seem to carry them for about $4. I'm using two now, one for BSG and one for Last Night on Earth, and it's working great. I can't remember the number on it but I have a slightly bigger one that I'm using for all of the Arkham Horror bits.

The only difference between my setup and yours here is just where the bits are and that I have my decks wrapped with a strip of Hugo's Tape. The other nice thing about this is that I can take this, the board, and the rules and toss it all into my laptop bag to carry with me.

Glad it's worked out for you! And yeah, it definitely DOES make the game more portable. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has this (albeit at a slightly higher price) and pics of it (since the pics in this thread don't work anymore)

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-3650-Pro-Latch-Stowaway/dp/B000E...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.