Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timbo123456 wrote:
I have seem to be coming across the same kind of thing over and over again, how to people gauge cost on items, now to if i was selling something and it was in less then satifactory i would not ask a coupe dollors less then cost. unless the game is way outof print. What do you guys think am i being to unrealistic. for instance, i was inquiring about some warmachine figs, so i ask the guy for alist and a price. so he gave me the list and the price, 3 dollars less then cost, seems fair but when i seen them the guys where all broke apart, with a paint job that could have been finger painted on. what do you guys think..

Miniatures retain value quite a bit. It was rude of him to not tell you they where partially assembled and poorly painted. But, you can just strip the paint and reassemble them.

People can charge whatever they want. You don't have to buy it. If they lied about the quality leave bad feedback and warn others. It's rare to get a bad seller, so the savings is still worth it in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Slothrop
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience people usually overvalue their posessions of any kind. Im mean, heck, its theirs, and they are important dangit, it must be worth more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonel Ripper wrote:
In my experience people usually overvalue their posessions of any kind. Im mean, heck, its theirs, and they are important dangit, it must be worth more.

And, to put it a bit more formally... that's the endowment effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endowment_effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
timbo123456 wrote:
It was on a differnt fourm, it isn't based on feedback and the like, i was just interested in why people won't what they got in things instead of meating in the middle. and i should of said it was three dollars off a 100. It would have been diffrent if it was 20 dollors worth.

I think you also got stiffed on the grammar guide you are using.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AMERIGAMER!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...act now and we'll double your order, and throw in a Sham-Wow!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.