Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the first gaming done at my new home, I had Ryan and Sylvia over. The first game out was Loco!. It was the first time for Sylvia, and Ryan hadn't played in a while. It was decided that the winner would be the player who had the high score over three rounds, and by Homeowner Fiat the rule of calling "Loco!" was out.

Round one was where we felt everyone out, and unfortunately I let Ryan and Sylvia get away from me. The round ended a bit sooner than I wanted, but not before Sylvia jumped out to an early lead with 25, Ryan finished with 17, and most of my chips ended up being junk and I had eight.

Round two was a long one. Ryan jumped up to 50 (33), Sylvia tied him with 25 more, and my 27 brought me into the ballpark. This is the second round where I've had lots of the power cards, but I was unable to put the zeroes where I wanted and the five on my majority.

So now my goal is simple. I have to have Ryan and Sylvia cancel each other out in order for me to win. Sylvia goes nuts for the green, and I take up all the yellow. Ryan takes a little bit of everything. The round goes down to the nibs, and one of my last plays is to make the green cards worthless.

Unfortunately, everything else was worth five. I add 40 to finish on seventy-five. Sylvia added fifteen to finish with 15, but every one of Ryan's eight chips paid five, so he ended on 90 and the win.

The reception was warm, and we felt like we got all of the dumb mistakes out of the way. I look forward to this hitting the table in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.