Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my friend Bill a game of Tactics II today. It was a follow-up game from one played last week where Bill played Red and knocked out my piece-meal deployed armor to win the game. From the first game, I re-learned what the French and British found out the hard way in the 1940 campaign: keep your armor together!

We switched sides and I took the Reds with the eye of Armored Corps dominance. Bill started out by nabbing my seaport city on my left flank. I had moved four armored divisions at my seaports just in case some opening would show itself. It came sooner than I thought. Bill left the perverbial door open.

He sea-transferred quite a few units including two armored divisions to flank my front line, but when he finished moving, he inexplicably vacated the city. I kept my mouth closed and when my turn came, I let the flood doors open. I dropped an airborne division and moved in on the city. I then let all of that armor goodness land and moved them in behind his units. He was now in a Falaise gap, sandwiched between my center and flanking units. I took out an armored and an infantry division before he vacated the pocket down the wood-lined road to his side of the map. The damage was done.

I rolled up his right flank by uniting the 4 armored divisions that I landed with two on the center front. His armor reappeard from the edge of the forest, but were overwhelmed when I surrounded two armored divisions with all six of mine. It was the fall of the axe. It is here where Tactics II really shows you what you need to win the game: the Armored Divisions. If you loose those, the game is over. Bill lost 4 armored divisions within 4 turns to my one, and with their strengh of 2, they are pivotal units. He capitulated thereafter.

So, keep your armored units together and enjoy the blitzkrieg!!

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would make a good Patton!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.