Subject: Moving the Dutchman rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
The english translation of the rules states, "The only restriction is that the ship may not be moved back to the island or ship from whence it has come." That sounds like the Dutchman may not be immediately moved back to the island from which it was moved in the last turn. However, it could also mean that it's not allowed to return to any previously-visited location (e.g. Holland). Does anyone have a definitive answer? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mb
I don't speak German, but I can Google translate like nobody's business. Here's the applicable line from the original instructions:

"Der Fliegende Holländer darf nicht auf das Schiff oder die Insel ziehen, von der er in der letzten Runde gekommen ist."

Here's Google's translation of it:

"The Flying Dutchman should not be placed on the ship or the island of which it has in the last round has come."

A crystal clear answer! I'll leave this thread in place in case someone else has the same question in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.