Galaxy Trucker: The Big Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stiff Competition and Speed Trap: use batteries? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new card "Stiff Competition" says that a player who stops at an abandoned ship or station takes fire from any "stronger" ship behind him or her. Does "stronger" account for battery-powered extra weapons, or not? In our most recent game, the player who stopped had less weapon power than me if she expended no batteries, but more weapon power if she did expend her batteries. Is she the "stronger" player? Must she expend her batteries to be the stronger player for the purposes of this card? (I am quite sure she's permitted to count her purple alien, though.)

I have a similar question about Speed Trap, though that card seems easier. The player with the highest engine power gets a "speeding ticket." Again, do we count battery-assisted engines? I assume in this case the answer is no -- the speeding player is not required to expend a battery to speed even more. (On the other hand, I'm equally sure that she is required to count her brown alien.) I saw a similar opinion after doing a search on "Speed Trap" here, but I figured I'd ask again since the question parallels my question about "Stiff Competition."

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's not in the rules, then I would handle it like other events---players declare their firepower/speed in turn, front to back, at which time they have to decide how many batteries they are using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Grotius
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply. That sounds reasonable to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.