Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where have the contest microbadges gone? It used to be that when a contest was run on BGG that a badge would be given when it was over for participating. The last few contests that I have been in have not produced a microbadge. Has there been a change in policy, have I just not been in the right contests, or is there some other explanation? For what it is worth, I am in favor of badges for contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert cabrera
United States
Chesterfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do I get a microbadge if i post here? Count me in then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I miss them too. But probably its because the MB admin quit a few weeks back and there's no one to do this kind of work now. Also, there's a lockout of making any new microbadges until a replacement can be found. It's a very time consuming job so it might be difficult to find someone for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, someone has to make one for the contests and then they can be distributed. You could always design them since you seem to be so fond of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe (retired mb admin) told me only contests supported by BGG and those organized by users can get a badge. Others can be submitted but won't be free (eg the latest Small World contest).
You should design a badge yourself or ask one of the mb designers to do it for you. From time to time I like designing such a badge but I'm sure many other designers would be willing to do this.

Now, as Scott said, Joe is retired now... So no uploading of badges nowadays. But you can always ask someone to design a badge so it can be submitted later on, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge

Thought Hammer-Game Ink Mega Meeple Give Away Contest Participant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work Kevin, you should mail that to an Admin and see if they can add the badge for those that participated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Nice work Kevin, you should mail that to an Admin and see if they can add the badge for those that participated.

Kevin, if you'd do that, could you let me know if it worked? I still have my "R&R Games Masters of Venice Giveaway participant" badge waiting for approval:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
garion wrote:
ScottE wrote:

Kevin, if you'd do that, could you let me know if it worked? I still have my "R&R Games Masters of Venice Giveaway participant" badge waiting for approval:

Oh, I submitted this to joe about a week before his official departure and to another admin that assured me that contest microbadges will happen "eventually" but would ultimately be up to the microbadge admin.

So, we'll have to wait for a new admin to be designated and then wait for him/her to catchup with the whole process.

I don't know what the ruling on contest badges in general would be but there was a trend to loading them for any listed in the "official contests" page. It should happen eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
In the interim, there's always: mb I love contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.