Subject: What are the best scenario's? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own all of the expansions and feel that some scenario's are definately better than others.

So my question, what scenario's do you like best?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own The basegame, The Horror within and This is not Happening.

I have to say that I dislike the first scenario: Out of the Frying Pan. It's just to hard when you don't have any weapon and some characters aren't good in Perception.

The ones I like:

Skulls and Bones (Cause the skeletons where moving and this was the first time adverseries did that)

The Enemy of My Enemy (Cause the time pressure when the bomb is found is so cool)

I haven't played any of the other expansion scenario's so I can't comment on those. I still want tot play the GM sections, but have to find myself some people who are interested in that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll try to play one of those next time .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris wich
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not surprised that the two recommended scenarios are the only two by an author whom I've heard of, Matt Forbeck. I'm not sure where I know the name from, maybe from RPGs, but this recommendation has got me to get out my When Darkness Comes set again to try these out. I think I gave up on this game initially after trying the first two or three scenarios and realizing the game wasn't as good as it sounded like it would be. I've been trying to figure out what other use I have for all the pretty parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gijs Bouwman
Netherlands
Bussum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onthe1 wrote:
I'm not surprised that the two recommended scenarios are the only two by an author whom I've heard of, Matt Forbeck. I'm not sure where I know the name from, maybe from RPGs, but this recommendation has got me to get out my When Darkness Comes set again to try these out. I think I gave up on this game initially after trying the first two or three scenarios and realizing the game wasn't as good as it sounded like it would be. I've been trying to figure out what other use I have for all the pretty parts.

He Chris,

did you try the game with the LOS rules from When Darkness Comes: The Horror Within. They are also in the combined rulebook you can find on the Twilight creations site and they really improve the game.

I hope you will enjoy this game this time, I know I do. Otherwise you can always use the parts for RPG play (I guess).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.