Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikos Kalfin
Greece
N.Makri / Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok there are 4 extra player colors. What about the black cubes. Are these extra goods? And if so how are these used? where are these delivered (no black cities)

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are simply surplus.
By mistake the manufacturer delivered black cubes instead of grey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall somebody (probably Alex from Mayfair, but I cannot be sure) that the black cubes would see use in a future variant rule or expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think the extra discs are the result of the mistake. The black cubes are for future expansions. So don't throw them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
fellonmyhead wrote:
I seem to recall somebody (probably Alex from Mayfair, but I cannot be sure) that the black cubes would see use in a future variant rule or expansion.

There was a single sheet of paper in my copy explaining the extra pieces, the black cubes and color discs. It specifically said not to throw the black cubes out because they will be used for future variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually that text doesn't specificly mention that the cubes is for the variant. They say all the tokens is for "future use".

Quote:
Too all of our valued customers,
Due to uncertain wood supplies, your copy of "Steam" may contain additional wooden player markers with colors that vary from those described in the rules. You may also find black load cubes. These pieces are for use with future variants, which may include extra players and special rules. Set them aside for future use. Please enjoy your game knowing that these color variations will not affect game play.

To me this sounds as another way of saying that they made a mistake, and that they will try to come up with some rules that uses all of these pieces.

- which again means that we not likely to see the wooden train pieces we have been 'promised'. What would the point of deliberately deliver several set of player cubes in wrong colors and then later have people buying locomotive tokens in the same new colors. And even *I* would never attempt to play a 10-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
10-player colors? A problem? The kids thought it was great. I think we just got through using each color.

I think the locos look hokey. If I want train pieces in the meantime, I'll bust open Ticket to Ride and steal some train cars. I'm find with the markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.