Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my twin play a 6 on 6, where one of us controls the good team, one controls the bad team. Here are some of the rule changes we play with;

1. If a major character is knocked out, the minor character can still fight.

2. We alternate characters and alternate turns. For Example: Boba Fett goes first, Mace Windu goes second, Darth Vader goes third, Anakin goes fourth, Darth Maul goes fifth, Yoda goes sixth, etc. etc.

3. If a team (eg: Boba and Greedo, or Mace and his 2 clones) is all wiped out, that person and players turn is skipped. (Ex: If Mace were knocked out, the order would be the following using the order from above: Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Anakin, Maul, Yoda, etc. etc. So, it would be quite costly to lose an entire team, as that would give the opponent 2 more actions than you over the course of one round.

But now, I have a question; we have played this 6 v 6 madness 3 times; I was the good guys twice, and then after that, I was the bad guys once. Me and my brother both got to try out each team, and all 3 matches, the good team got beat quite badly!!! The first time, the bad won with like 6 characters remaining (2 of them major), the next time they won with 11 characters remaning (4 of them major), and the last time they won with 8 characters remaining (4 of them major). So, how can we make this 6 on 6 more balances? Why does the good side get beat so badly every time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, your 'rules changes' are perfectly normal rules for a 4 or 6 player game. You just happen to be playing the 6 player game with only 2 players

When we've played like that, the Light Side has won the majority of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, the good guys keep getting creamed by like 4-10 characters. Um, now when you say 6 player game, do you mean 3 v 3 or 6 v 6? We do 6 v 6 and the good guys always lose. Maybe it is just luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually in massive games, whichever side can completely destroy one squad from the other team first will end up winning.

But like StormKnight, the light side wins more often in my experience as well! So maybe you are just experiencing some rough luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.