Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alek Kahlo
United States
Allendale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
It seems the WW forums for PotC are gone (been in maintenance mode for the last 3 days), which is sad... so much info. Hoping the fine folks at BGG can help. Thanks to all in advance.

Going through the rules of this game, the example and rules behind Influence Contests when assistance is given arn't real clear to me in the regards of range. Challenge rules are clear that to assist in a challenge, a player must be in range of his/her target. Influence rules and the example lead me to believe that assistance can be given regardless of piece position, or zones controlled.

This kinda makes sense if you think as the acting player being the broker and using the reputation (and whatever that may entail) of the assisting player in the deal. With this game, however, I fear I could make any variation or interpretation of the rules make sense.

Has anyone see Mr. Nudd's take on this, and if not how do others play assistance in this phase?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petre Tutunea
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
You may only assist other primogens in zones you could normally attempt to influence yourself, and those would be the zones in your primogen's range and zones of the same color as an already controlled one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alek Kahlo
United States
Allendale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Alright, good to know. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.