Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Waters
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello all:

The rules for Trafalgar were written with 1/1200 scale in mind. In the rules, they indicate that if you are using 1/2400 scale, you should half all measurements. Alas, I happened to buy a bundle pack which gave me two 1/3000 scale fleets, which are not covered in the rules.

So my plan was to just go with 1/2400 scale measurements. Does that seem reasonable to you all? Seems reasonable to me.

Also, when they say half all measurments, I'm assuming they also mean the play area as well. So a 4' x 4' table at 1/1200 scale would be 2' x 2' at 1/2400 or 1/3000 scale. Is that an accurate assumption?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with smaller figures than normal, you can take one of two approaches:

- Play with reduced table size, as you mention, or
- Stick with the original table size. For most miniatures games, the size of the model is quite exaggerated with respect to the ground scale. For example, 1/1200 is 1" = 100', 1/3000 is 1" = 250'. I'm not sure what the ground scale is in Trafalgar, but you might find that the 1/3000 are closer to the specified scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
aren't the 'official' mini's that are actual Warhammer ship mini's in 1/3000 scale? I find that odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.