Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Linn
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Session of Lost Cities

My friend introduced me to Lost Cities. I love this game, it’s quick, it’s easy to play, and it is very easy to pick up at a fast pace.

The Game
It is very simple, you line up cards in sequential order, and try to get deal cards before them and then it counts points if you complete, or have not completed an adventure to some lost city. There really isn’t much to it; the strategy is in getting the bigger bonuses. Also, in trying to prevent or stop your opponent from finding their respective city before you. The person with the most points wins the round, and the first person to a certain value wins the game.

My friend and I can’t play a full game in the time it takes to eat lunch, so we usually play a hand or two. This past time we only had time for one hand.

Our Session
Players: Matt and Brian

We started out pretty slow, placing a couple of deal cards at first and discarding at first, trying to get a feel of what the other one was doing, and seeing if we had a basis for starting. I started off with Atlantis (Blue) because I had a deal, the 7, the 8, and the 10. It was simple; I was short on yellow and white. So the yellow and the whites were my discard cards. After a couple of discards I got a few reds to play with and a couple more blues.

Brian was already placing the Aztec (Green), he had a bunch to start, so it really worked out well for him.

We were trading discards back and forth trying to get something going.

By the end of it I was playing Blue, Red and White. Brian was playing Green Yellow and White.

I just couldn’t find any deal cards to save my life, and the few I was able to come across were always too late.

I had two deals on the board, one under white and one under blue. The red I couldn’t get, I was just lucky to get that one done. I only got 2 points out of a stack of 4, Brian was hanging onto the high red cards. The blue I was in better shape for, I had 7 cards for a total of 40 points. The whites are what killed me, I was only able to pull off a 13 and had a deal sitting on it. It was bad. I lost 14 points from it.

Brian was able to get a big win off. He was able to pull about 20 points from green, about 25 points from yellow, and about 10 points from white.

So in the end, it was a total trouncing of yours truly.

Play Time: 14 minutes
Matt: 28
Brian: 55

Ouch! yuk

For the future it is a good idea to try and get more small cards in your hand to manipulate what is on the board for later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.