Popular Tags: [View All]
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in my very first game of Small World, I managed to score 88 points and tied another player for the lead. I believe that the rules state that the tiebreaker is the number of tokens in play for each players' active and declined races. (I don't have the exact wording in front of me.)

My question is: Do the extra four Amazons that aren't on the board count as in play or not? In other words, I had 9 tokens on the board and my opponent had 7 tokens on the board (but 11 in play if you are counting the extra 4). Did I win or not?

Of course, I told my buddy that he can go ahead and believe that he won if wanted to, but I knew the truth was that I was the winner because his extra Amazons weren't on the board.

Opinions? Evidence from the rulebook one way or the other? Discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they're in play. You wouldn't count 4 for a token on its own because you rolled three on the reinforcement die for the last turn, would you? Same deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What preview button?
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I just found the pinned thread, even though I searched through the rules forum for Amazons in the thread titles: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/391216. Right near the top about tie-breakers: Amazons +4 do not count toward tiebreak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
You really ought to reconsider your display name, you know that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
You really ought to reconsider your display name, you know that?

Unless, of course, you are the best.

I always try to be my best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.