Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike N
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked for the answer to this but don't see it anywhere.

We played our first game last night and wondered how to handle this situation:

When solving the conspiracy and getting down to the final pile (the good/bad baggage pile) of puzzle pieces, what do you do when you draw a puzzle piece showing an additional puzzle piece from a pile which is already empty?

We played that you move on to the next most powerful pile and place from that. This happened twice - once where we moved from the empty pile 1 to pile 2, and once where we took another piece from pile 3 because the first two were empty.

Is that correct or do you just forfeit the chance to place a bonus puzzle piece?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the rules state that you may (but are not required to) draw the additional piece, I would rule that if the indicated pile is empty, you forfeit the draw.

Your mileage may vary.

=][=
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordenthral wrote:
Since the rules state that you may (but are not required to) draw the additional piece, I would rule that if the indicated pile is empty, you forfeit the draw.

I agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yes, you forfeit the draw. You are only allowed to draw that specific piece and it is designed to reward you if you get into the "higher" piles before the "lower" ones are exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike N
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification - that sounds better to me and puts more value in Digging Deeper too since some perceive it as almost useless, from what I have read on other posts.

I'll be sure to correct that in my next play of this (hopefully Wednesday night). We really enjoyed our first game - I took a chance and introduced it to 2 of my regular group. We enjoyed it immensely even if it did take about 5 hours our first time through. We read off the stories and card text aloud, which of course slowed it down - but made it feet much cooler. I solved the murder but actually came in last because my character's personal life was a shambles by the end. The irony is that the person I felt would enjoy the game the least, my friend's wife who hates heavy games like Arkham, enjoyed it the most! She loved the story-telling aspect and caught on to the rules fast. As most people point out, the rules are not as complex as they seem, but it's more that there is so much going on at once. Perhaps her feminine superiority in multi-tasking worked to her advantage. The romance of Caprice and Daniel had a happy ending, she stayed as sane as you can get, worked on the conspiracy, and edged both of us hapless males out.

Revenge will be ours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McKendrick
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent post Mike

looks like the game played out the way it should - other than a GIRL winning

I must admit - although male - the female detectives are the ones who I would most like to play

I'm getting in too deep now

I'll get my coat

Nhoj (is there an icon for sheepish)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.