Agricola: Ö-Deck» Forums » Rules

Subject: Guest Worker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my O and Z decks today! I just finished a quick read-through of the cards and I figured I'd ask a question while it's fresh in my head.

(Note: I'm new to Agricola. I have about 5 games under my belt so if these questions have obvious answers, please forgive me.) :)

The "Guest Worker" minor improvement card reads:

"Take a guest marker. From the next round, you can place this as you would a family member. The guest worker can use the most recent round card even if it has already been taken. He occupies a room in your home and must be fed with 2 food during the feeding phase of each harvest."

Does the guest worker count as a family member for end-game scoring? If so, does that mean the card allows one the potential to grow their family to 6 people and score 18 points (3 for each family member) at the end of the game?

Thanks for your help!

-Bucket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
He doesn't count as a Family Member for scoring or any other purpose. He still takes up space in your house and you still have to feed him as indicated on the card. He's still pretty handy to have around, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad I asked. I had it in my head that they WOULD earn an additional 3 points at the end of the game.

Thanks for the fast response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
He doesn't count as a Family Member for scoring or any other purpose.

+1

Quoting from the Unofficial Agricola Compendium, v6 (not released yet):
Quote:
The guest worker does not count as a family member for scoring or for the Ratcatcher, Midwife, Barbecue, or Family Portrait, but its action does count for the Church Warden.

Playing the Guest Worker is not a family growth action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Grace
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The text of the Card does not have any way to "let go" the Guest Worker . eg to make space for a ( points scoring) Family Member.

So that could mean, for instance, that the Player is restricted to taking " Family Growth without Room", even when - without the resident Guest Worker - s/he could have taken "regular" FG ...

Is there any way to dispense with the services of the Guest Worker ? Or perhaps there is some contemporary resonance here ... ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capn Hook wrote:
The text of the Card does not have any way to "let go" the Guest Worker . eg to make space for a ( points scoring) Family Member.

So that could mean, for instance, that the Player is restricted to taking " Family Growth without Room", even when - without the resident Guest Worker - s/he could have taken "regular" FG ...

Is there any way to dispense with the services of the Guest Worker ? Or perhaps there is some contemporary resonance here ... ?

No, you can't discard the guest token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.