Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just my selfish and lazy attempt to have you compile a list for me so I can just review it rather than doing research and creating one myself. This is yet another reason why I'll never amount to anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos in the Old World. Asymmetrical sides with unique victory conditions and a great theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Why? Because it's fun. I have the original but it could use a little cleaning up. The new version appears to have fixed a few rule issues plus has better components than the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sekela
United States
Camp Lejeune
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Middle-Earth Quest. Why? Because it's a FFG release; it covers a previously unexplored era of the history of Middle-Earth; and it looks like it will be a pretty solid strategy game with lots of options (based off of what's posted so far).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe_salamone wrote:
This is just my selfish and lazy attempt to have you compile a list for me so I can just review it rather than doing research and creating one myself. This is yet another reason why I'll never amount to anything.

This was asked a week ago. Maybe you can get some good ideas from that thread too.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/419425

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only game I was really waiting for was Wave 9 for HeroScape and it just released - other than that, not really excited about a whole lot though I'm sure I'll pick up the 2nd Race for the Galaxy expansion as well as Dominion: Intrigue, eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:

Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Why? Because it's fun. I have the original but it could use a little cleaning up. The new version appears to have fixed a few rule issues plus has better components than the original.

Ditto. Played it a couple times at Origins and really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tompkins
Canada
Pointe-Claire
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Joshua, "[GAMEID=43111Chaos in the Old World]" looks like the next must-have for die-hard Warhamsters like me.
Reason? Have we ever needed a reason to buy, buy, BUY?
Too much thinking and not enough spending. It must be mine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orlando Ramirez
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this works better as a geeklist, but oh well..

The game I'm looking foward to is Space Junkyard Originally a print and play game about to be released by Mayday Games. I played this several times, loved it, redid all the art for it so it looked nicer. 2 years later Mayday Games approaches me to update all the artwork to an even higher degree. I'm looking forward to a real print version of this partly because the game rocks, and partly because the art is credited to me! How cool is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WAN CHIU
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Dungeon Keeper the Boardgame? I am in.

Dungeon Lords
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
joe_salamone wrote:

This was asked a week ago. Maybe you can get some good ideas from that thread too.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/419425

I missed that thread . . . proving AGAIN that I'll never amount to anything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des Rodman
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zordren wrote:
Middle-Earth Quest. Why? Because it's a FFG release; it covers a previously unexplored era of the history of Middle-Earth; and it looks like it will be a pretty solid strategy game with lots of options (based off of what's posted so far).

sounds about right, no need to retype it. I'll throw one more in just contribute my own. Wings of War: WW2 Deluxe set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to a lot of expansions that are coming out rapid fire over the next couple months: Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest, Dominion: Intrigue, Race for the Galaxy: Rebel vs Imperium, Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Pegasus Expansion, Kingsburg: To Forge a Realm, Agricola: Farmers of the Moor, Empires: Builder Expansion and Reef Encounter of the Second Kind

As far as a non-expansion goes, the one that I am interested in right now is Cleopatra's Caboose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jerry Taylor's Richard III: The Wars of the Roses (formerly War of the Roses). I'm looking forward to it because:

- Jerry Taylor proved he could design some excellent games with Hammer of the Scots and Crusader Rex.

- With the exception of Kingmaker, I can't think of any strategic/operation level War of the Roses games out there. Even Kingmaker isn't really a simulation, though it's a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Endeavor looks good - New Zealand designer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.