Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been itching to get my good buddy Tom Cortazzo to play this wonderful game for quite some time. Plus, the game hasn’t hit the table in awhile, so tonight provided the perfect opportunity. Tom and I were joined by Steven, Keith and Tom G.

Both Toms were new to the game, so I took care to thoroughly explain the rules and provide ample examples. Still, the game is rather involved with some critical decisions to be made, so it took a few rounds before they both got a firm handle on the game. Tom C. appeared to be a bit confused early and fell far behind, but caught on later and made up some ground near the end.

In round one, I opted to not produce a work, instead concentrating on grabbing an additional personality card and a needed freedom. Everyone else either produced a work or purchased a building, meaning I was left in the starting blocks with zero points.

Round 1: Steven 6, Keith 5, Tom C. 3, Tom G. 3, Greg 0

I did produce works during both rounds 2 and 3, and either tied for or captured the bonus for ‘best’ work. This was enough to propel me into the lead, which I held onto until round 6.

Round 4: Greg 30, Tom G. 27, Steven 25, Keith 24, Tom C. 18
Round 5: Greg 39, Steven 38, Keith 36, Tom G. 34, Tom C. 23
Round 6: Steven 44, Keith 44, Greg 39, Tom G. 37, Tom C. 33

Even though I had fallen a bit behind, I had secured my second Prestige card. Each of the cards I possessed would yield 8 Prestige points, provided I met the requirements. I knew I’d meet the requirement of my first card (one of each type of freedom), as I only had one remaining to purchase and planned on grabbing that during my purchase phase. I felt confident of meeting the second (one of each landscape), as I only needed a forest and felt no one would attempt to bid on that landscape in the final bidding round.

Much to my shock, Keith entered into a bidding war with me over the forest. At the lofty amount of $900, Keith dropped out of the bidding. This was extremely fortunate for me as I only had $300 remaining and needed that money to purchase my final freedom. I certainly didn’t want to surrender any prestige points in order to secure more funds.

On my final purchase phase, I was able to put on a work and secure the final freedom I needed. I had met both of the requirements of my prestige cards, so I felt fairly confident of victory.

Steven and Keith led on points following the conclusion of the final round, but my two prestige cards shot me past them for the victory.

Finals:

Greg: 47 + 16 = 63
Keith: 52 + 7 = 59
Tom G.: 49 + 7 = 56
Steven: 52 + 0 = 52
Tom C.: 39 + 3 = 42

Ratings: Greg 9.5, Keith 8.5, Tom G. 7.5, Tom C. 7.5, Steven 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.