Cribbage» Forums » General

Subject: Need a Recommendation on Travel Cribbage Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb

I live in England and we have a large choice of Pocket Size Cribbage boards (folding ones, too) and others that have cards in the sets.

How about looking at amazon....I am sure you will find a variety there for the USA.
Good Luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know much about their products, but here's a place that specializes in cribbage.

http://www.westwoodcribbage.com/

--Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Benjamin
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I need to travel cribbage-lite: Deck of cards, pencil, paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cribbage Boards
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Cribbage Supply has a huge selection of Travel Cribbage Boards at http://www.cribbagesupply.com/travel-and-folding-boards.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
On Monday mornings, I'm dedicated to the proposition that All Men are created jerks.
United States
Stratford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am partial to this one:

It's no longer made, but shows up on eBay regularly and sells for just a few bucks. It's a nicer quality plastic than the what you get now, and better made. I've got three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CameronL wrote:
I am partial to this one:

It's no longer made, but shows up on eBay regularly and sells for just a few bucks. It's a nicer quality plastic than the what you get now, and better made. I've got three.

I can vouch for these, I rescued one in a thrift store and they are indeed a nice quality set.

My own personal preference and favorite travel set is this one:

The board and cover together form a case for storing the cards and pegs, which can be left in position on the track if a game is interrupted, and the cover is turned over to become a base for the board during play, which is shown in the photo.

[PS edit: these sets were made by Shoptaugh Games, and also sold by University Games. They do show up on eBay fairly frequently.]

I also found a small padded case that the cribbage set fits into almost perfectly, which makes it even more practical to travel with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.