Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say you have a stronghold and it has been over run by an enemy. They randomly discard one of your command cards. Now let's say I use Portal to get that enemy out! My unit does NOT occupy the stronghold...but is occupation necessary at all times to keep access to your card? Or is it considered mine as long as it is NOT occupied by an enemy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You must reoccupy the hex to reclaim it. Once you do that, you may draw back up to your command and then leave the hex if you so desire.

The fact that you are 1 card down illustrated you have not recaptured it yet and when you go back up to full command, that is the "light switch" that you have reclaimed it. After you reclaim it, your opponent can then attempt to take it. If he re-enters it again before you do, you do not lose another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The rules aren't crystal clear, but they are on p. 68:

If an enemy unit captures your stronghold, your
opponent selects one of your Command cards at
random to discard. Until you reclaim the Stronghold
hex, you must play with one less Command card in
hand. When you reclaim the hex, immediately draw
a supplemental Command card to replenish your
hand to its original size.

(emphasis added)

Notice that it says you reclaim "the hex" so it is not just enough that your enemy leaves the stronghold. you must physically reoccupy it to establish control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what I had decided as well based on the language. The only lingering doubt was if the stronghold had to remain occupied once "reclaimed".

Thanks for clearing it up Sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.