Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The ability in question:

"Hero - Mythos: Before a mythos card is drawn, Tommy may cause one or more monsters that are adjacent to his location to move to his location, regardless of their normal movement."

The question is, if Tommy is in the streets, can he attract monsters to the street he is in? Or is street not considered a location?

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy can use his ability in the street, and yes, the sky is adjacent to the street for this purpose.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any street location is still considered a location for all rules purposes (trading items, etc.) that don't specifically state an "inside location" (like the Hound of Tindalos). I think, anyway. Kinda hard to follow the game designer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The problem, as always with interpretting these rules, is the rulebook defines "location" to mean just the round circular city spaces on the boards. Streets are not "locations." So they rules do a good job of defining these terms but then there are just as many exceptions to that rule.

That's where all these questions come in. When it is a generic "location" versus a specific "Arkham location," they should have used the generic "space" to denote it works in Locations AND Streets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the clarification. I was initially reading it literally by the technical definition which is why I asked just to make sure cause it seemed reasonable that the ability would work in the streets as well.

Didn't expect Kevin to reply to my thread! =P (I'm such a fan boy -_-

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.