Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When wearing Heavy Armor and taking damage...if you only are preventing one damage with the Armor...does that mean

1) It can only take one more damage in another combat round? arrrh

or

2) It is discarded then and there and goes to the graveyard? soblue

or

3) It takes the 1 damage now & can take 2 damage later because 1 damage does not affect it at all. ninja

In recent game play we thought that #3 was the most likely interpretation of the use of this gadget in dealing with one damage. But if there is another rule interpretation to be had here we would like to know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it with option 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hold still while I take another shot at you and I'll let you know. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hugh...here you take the armor and stand still while I try option 3 out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But I have better aim...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is actually a great question as I just played my first run through on this game tonight.

The rules seem rather vague on this as it doesn't say what happens to the heavy armor after one damage.

We had a long discussion and if you consider FPS-style gameplay, it would seem that its own "health" continues to decline as it takes damage. But if you consider more real world applications. Armor is good until it is hit by something it can't stop. If it can stop one regular round then it will continue to do just that. But amp up the round to armor piercing (Let's say Damage 2) it shatters and is no longer any good.

Also, we determined that should the armor fail, the person wearing it takes the full damage. This really changes the effectiveness of the armor.

While I tend to think that it would "wear down" on additional hit the fact that there isn't an "Armor Counter" included in the game would seem to suggest it is all or nothing.

It is damn confusing and I can see all of these being correct. I wonder what the official version would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

NRBH, but everyone I've played with has assumed that when you have armor (any) and take a hit you can discard light armor to absorb one hit or heavy armor to absorb one or two hits instead of losing health. Or you can lose health and keep the armor, the wording of the rules and cards allows either.

There is no damaged heavy armor - if you discard the heavy armor to avoid losing one health you lose the armor. Some people will lose one health and keep the armor, that's a strategic choice. Or maybe a tactical choice.

Remember that the rules specifically say to use "video game logic" instead of real world logic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you and your group house rule to option #2. It seems that it is open to a needed group gaming agreement as video game logic is a bit of a non-sequitur given whether one plays or not, and then to which video game one would defer if they do play. None which I have played discard armor with less than a full impact hit. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Hidalgo wrote:
None which I have played discard armor with less than a full impact hit. ninja

Stop trying to min-max it. This isn't a euro game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Min max???... This is just a run on because we have nothing else better to do...now go ahead and strap on the H2 while I load up a tactical nuke!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.