Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you be any more disingenuous? Your posts aren't even worth responding to. In fact, I don’t even read them.

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but I’m going to talk about something off-topic:
You should be banned for your personal insults directed at BGG members. How could anyone be so stupid?

I'm done with this thread. I have more important things to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FoxNews.

Okay, I’m REALLY done with this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm done with this thread too!

...what is this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Various and a sundry insults.

Actual Comment.

[someone insults OP back]

'weeping'~~~~~~~~~~O_O~~~~~~~~~~'weeping'

Creating a new culture of conservative victimhood.

Priceless.

Well done fellas you managed to get someone suspended.

Hope you are happy.

kiss kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who got suspended?

Now I'm really extra completely done with this thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
Who got suspended?

Mr. C.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:
Who got suspended?

Mr. C.

shake

Nah. Still here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Links or it didn't happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Way to expose a flaw in the system, and quite possibly extend the suspension. I think the Talented Mister Cranky is capable of taking his "ban" like a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:

Actual Comment.

Priceless.

Hope you are happy.

kiss kiss

Grow a pair man, this is RSP.

Cranky obviously got what he deserved. His constant and irritating spelling and grammar corrections alone are evidence that the guy needs to sit in a garden for a while and take his meds. In fact I'm headed for Facebook right now to tease him for being a putz and getting suspended for insulting Frank. LaTerra has to be laffing his ass off about now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have left well enough alone. My bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
Way to expose a flaw in the system, and quite possibly extend the suspension. I think the Talented Mister Cranky is capable of taking his "ban" like a man.

I'd tend to agree with you, although I'd bet real cash that they were fully aware of the flaw and his "exploiting" of it before this.

Perhaps those of us who responded to the question will get a "token" suspension as well. All the cool kids get suspended at least once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
slowcorner wrote:

I'd tend to agree with you, although I'd bet real cash that they were fully aware of the flaw and his "exploiting" of it before this.

Perhaps those of us who responded to the question will get a "token" suspension as well. All the cool kids get suspended at least once.

I'm not sure that anyone in a position of power on BGG cares one way or the other about a lout like Josh using other features on BGG. If he can't post then I'd say that's more than enough to satisfy the voracious appetite MMM and other Admins have for grinding the users under their jackboots of authority and control.

Cranky got what he deserved because Australia is an ally of ours and they also speak passable English... except for that Andrew guy who hates the USA. If I was in charge around this place I gar-on-fucking-T ya that there'd be a whole lot less anti-patriotic BS here in RSP and quite a bit more cursing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
...then I'd say that's more than enough to satisfy the voracious appetite MMM and other Admins have for grinding the users under their jackboots of authority and control.

DWTripp wrote:
If I was in charge around this place I gar-on-fucking-T ya that there'd be a whole lot less anti-patriotic BS here in RSP and quite a bit more cursing.

Happy belated 4th, Tripp! kiss [COLOR=#F4F4FF]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim McCormley
United States
SD
California
flag msg tools
OUCH!
mbmbmbmbmb
My dog looked so cute this morning...it rolled on it's back and made eyes at me.

Anyone else want to start a Malti-poo club?

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:

There is a system? What is the system?

What the heck happened?

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not cool enough to get suspended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
vandemonium wrote:

Actual Comment.

Priceless.

Hope you are happy.

kiss kiss

Josh crossed the line when he insulted Frank's parents.

Frank called him on it and Josh didn't apologize or explain it away.

It takes alot to get banned for comments in RSP.

Its a small punishment but deserved in this case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
DWTripp wrote:
In fact I'm headed for Facebook right now to tease him for being a putz and getting suspended for insulting Frank. LaTerra has to be laffing his ass off about now.

I bet you a geekpenny that Frank is still annoyed about this whole thing! Who knows, Frank was asking to get banned, maybe the admins obliged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
vandemonium wrote:

Hope you are happy.

kiss kiss

Short of hacking their account... nobody can get somebody else suspended.

You know *personal* responsibility and all that.

I happen to think the thread *title* was way over the line... I don't care if it was reference to an old SNL skit. But this is RSP and so even horrible general misogynistic bad taste is allowed. I am even supportive of its being allowed even when it turns my stomach every time I see it... which that thread title in my face for several days did do.

However personal insults that cross the line are not allowed.

Cranky had a choice to make once his temper was flaring.... *HE* decided to go the personal insult route. Nobody is responsible for that other than him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John So-And-So
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
You and the Cap'n make it hap'n
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
I happen to think the thread *title* was way over the line...

You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:
I don't care if it was reference to an old SNL skit. But this is RSP and so even horrible general mysogonistic bad taste is allowed.

Not everything that's demeaning to a woman is demeaning to women.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
CapAp wrote:
Meerkat wrote:
I happen to think the thread *title* was way over the line...

You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:
I don't care if it was reference to an old SNL skit. But this is RSP and so even horrible general misogynistic bad taste is allowed.

Not everything that's demeaning to a woman is demeaning to women.

Let me clarify things... or at least attempt to one more time. CONTEXT matters.

If Chad or Tommy were to call me a slut I would assume it was a term of endearment. If MrSkeletor calls me his little BGG Hoe I would laugh and blow him a kiss.

However when you put the words "Ignorant" together with "Whore" and/or "Slut" there is no question that this is now meant to be a derogatory term. There is no question it is meant to be insulting.

An insult that is specifically applied to women at such a high percentage that if you want to attach it to a man you usually have to say words like manwhore. An insult that - Pay ATTENTION - historically has asserted that a woman's only value and honor was kept between her legs. Slut and variations of Whore were the worst insults that could be applied to women because you were attacking their core worth.

When you attach them to a famous women who holds or has held a position of power it takes on a far broader "blanket" level of demeaning impact.

It would be over the line if it that line had started with Hilliary Clinton or Gregorie (WA female Governor).

You can call Palin an idiot or moronic waste of food and water and it wouldn't be demeaning of women it would be demeaning of her as a person.

However that thread is exactly the same emotionally to me as a thread that started "Condoleezza Rice you Ignorant Nigger" would be to a black person.

The implication is that she would be doubly "flawed" by both being ignorant and black.

Do you at least see where I am coming from?

I am not even asking you to agree at this point... just understand *WHY* blankets use of words like slut, whore, hoe excetera when used with the original vehemence and connotations as "bad things" that really only apply to women in a world that still accepts the double standard that sexual promiscuity is somehow worse if you are a woman would be a bad thing.

That other women might see it as going over a line when somebody reinforces a negative value set that affects them daily - by applying these words as slang against specific women in power to deride them as individuals when the potentially valid criticisms of them have nothing to to with their sex lives?

Call these women whatever real negative names you want as long as they are names that fit... not just general slams that inherently work only because they are women.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are completely and utterly off base here, Lynette. I don't know you, you don't know me, and in the absence of any other information you can simply remember that:

a) Sarah Palin has appeared on Saturday Night Live in an effort to promote herself, and

b) My thread was a "counterpoint" to her news conference's "point," and thus the reference to SNL's version of Point-Counterpoint.

I really, really don't care what problems you personally have with the word "slut," any more than I care what problems people have with any number of derogatory terms, from "nigger" on down to "fuckwit."

What I do care about is that there's some sort of invisible boundary that has been drawn here in RSP between carpet bombing an entire political spectrum ("grubby, vile, skumbag [sic] cunts") and the "I might be calling your father a rapist but since I'm a coward with no character you'll never know" personal attack.

I don't care if Frank La Terra comes to a thread that I've started which very clearly derides Sarah Palin and says whatever he wants--just so long as Frank La Terra accepts that when he refers to "the left" he is including my parents, my cousins, my friends (in large part), and many of the people I respect and admire in this world the most.

So, if you find it more honest to couch your distaste for an individual in highly insulting generalizations, then you go right ahead. But if you, Frank, Octavian (doubtful) or anybody else does it to me, you can be quite sure that I will gladly forego the right to post here for a day or three in order to respond to insults that apply to my parents in kind.

If anybody stands out in front of my house and points at it and says, "those fucking Jews sure do like to own houses," I will turn on my sprinklers, soak him, and then shoot the power lines off the pole just to his left. That's just the way I am, and I make no apologies for it.

And Ben, you seem to feel that I needed to apologize or explain away my comments. Were I to think that necessary, I easily could have complied by making really witty comments that would have been perceived as utterly inflammatory by the powers that be. One of them used to live here, until said powers mentioned how unhappy they were about it. And as to whether it was really that witty, well, now that it's gone I can say whatever I want about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
I really, really don't care what problems you personally have with the word "slut," any more than I care what problems people have with any number of derogatory terms, from "nigger" on down to "fuckwit."

Sounds like you're on a rapid route to a well-deserved repeat banning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of what, exactly, David? The quoted material contains distasteful words of hate not directed at anybody? I expect better from you. I am well aware that you disapprove of my comments to Frank, and you're of course well within your rights, as is anybody else who takes exception to them. If you think I'm likely to call somebody here those names, or even harp (as you have repeatedly done, of late) on the apparent stupidity of certain RSP posters, then you are incorrect.

If Lynette didn't like the thread's title, the time to tell me was when it first offended her, and I had some chance to change it before it became a 10-page ravenous beast that was locked after it started to sleep off its meal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.