Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed that this happens a fair bit? To date i have won everygame of a ToE because i head for the corners, get an item from each, use investigation to buy some town items, then go hunt the big thing. Yet when my playmates attempt the same they just seem to get a bad run of luck to the point it seems unfair. There doesn't seem to be any way for other players to slow down those with good luck, nor do they seem targeted more by the monster (I'd assume it would focus on dealing with the biggest risk to its well being).

Do we know if there is anything upcoming that will help the underdogs have a chance to win at least? Or has anyone used a variant that helps players out so they can at least catch up with the run-away player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found that playing competitive tends to end up that way. There's not a whole lot of strategy when you are controlling one Hero, and games tend to come down to a lot of luck.

The game is much more interesting if you play in teams, or each player has multiple Heroes. There is a lot more strategy with more than one Hero and it can help make up for bad luck. If one Hero is down on his luck, his team mate can help out. Or the weaker Hero can spend some time in town to draw events, which may be useful for his team mate.

Of course... I've house ruled the card "Noble Gesture" for team/coop games. If you use it on an ally, you LOSE investigation for each wound prevented. It's just too powerful if you use it on an ally =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.