mbmbmbmbmb
1) Favorite gadget in the past?
2) Favorite gadget in the present?
3) Favorite gadget in the future?
4) Pics or it didn't happen
5) Profit!?

For me:

1) Psion 3a

I still have this and it still works! Man, I love this machine. It was one of my first programming experiences as it shipped with an interpreter on the device and a programming manual. Unsurpassed in every way to date! Ok, that may be the nostalgia speaking ...

2) iPod Touch

This should've been an iPhone entry but the Dutch carrier has no reach in my area. CURSE YOU T-MOBILE, CURSE YOU!!!
I dislike the closed-ness of the platform, but the UI is the utter best I have ever seen. It just works. Open this biatch up (legally) and it will even beat my Psion 3a dreams of yesteryear.

3) Palm Pre

Eyeballing this. After the demise of Psion I was a great fan of Palm. I owned a III, V, and Tungsten. After their ditching PalmOS things went downhill, fast. Hopefully this will be their return to glory. A linux based OS with a JS/HTML5 UI? Sounds interesting and easy to program for ... curious!

You?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my iTouch.

What I'd love to see is a tablet that has a paper like display and shows PDFs worth a damn. Every time I think someone has come out with one it turns out to be just as crappy as the previous versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bah Doo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
I love my iTouch.

What I'd love to see is a tablet that has a paper like display and shows PDFs worth a damn. Every time I think someone has come out with one it turns out to be just as crappy as the previous versions.

Same here. Waiting for full color eInk on a decent device without obscure DRM or limitations. It'll be a while yet I'm afraid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been a long time Verizon customer and want to stick with them. I really have had no problems with coverage or service. Unfortunately that means I can't get the iPhone or the Pre. However, my hope is that the Pre will make its way to Verizon (as 'leaked' by the CEO) sometime in the next 6-8 months. I'd rather have the Pre than the iPhone, if anything, just to provide a strong competitor.

Other than that, I'm not too gadgety. I do have a Nano iPod and a Mac Book Pro though and love those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Favorite gadget in the past?

2) Favorite gadget in the present?

3) Favorite gadget in the future?

4) Pics or it didn't happen

5) Profit!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Past - VCR and touch-tone telephone (tied)
2. Present - Cordless house phones with caller ID
3. Future - Car that drives for me........or of course, teleportation!!

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.