Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wim Pierloot
Belgium
Ekeren
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
I've been playing ts online for a couple of years now; after a hiatus of a couple of months I dl the latest version (4.5).
Now everything works (the opposing side is the same person still) but when the game starts I don't get to see the board (even though I can open the pic file on its own and it shows a nice gamemap), all I see are black and white blockstripes (like the american flag) and multicoloured speckles (like my screen has need of head&shoulders).
I tried an older version of the game with same result.

Anyone any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you are talking about Wargameroom on a Windows machine?

If so, there is a set of known bugs in the DirectX drivers that JAVA manages to stomp hard on. It is affecting several apps, including VASSAL and Wargameroom (this is out of their control). You can pass an extra parameter to JAVA to turn off DirectX and avoid the bug.

Add "-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false" into the batch file you are running on the same line as the java call (I don't have the program right now, it should be obvious where it would go)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Pierloot
Belgium
Ekeren
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mb
you are correct in all you assume

I'll try your solution out in the coming days,

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.