Subject: Board game shops in Rotterdam rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Siepi
Italy
Olgiate Olona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi everybody, I am Italian but I travel to Rotterdam area a couple of times per year; I would like to findout board games: could you help me with some address?

Many thanks in advance

Alberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kees
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there isn't a "real" games shop in Rotterdam. The shop with the most boardgames in Rotterdam is selexyz Donner, a nice bookshop. There is a game department the cellar. It's at a square called the "Binnenwegplein"

Furthermore there is a store at the Jonker Fransstraat 22a in Rotterdam called The Rogue trader. But that store is mainly focussed on collectible cardgames (CCG's) and doesn't have that many boardgames (like +/- 15 different games).

An old address in Rotterdam was Yendor, but unfortunately they stopped selling boardgames.

The most nearby " boardgames only store" is (to the best of my knowledge) in the City of The Hague. (http://www.spellenhuis.nl/winkel.php). That's a real nice one, I think.

There was one in Delft, but that one is gone

I hope I am wrong, and a fellow Rotterdam citizen can point me to a other boardgamestore, but I'm feeling as living in a true boardgamestorefreezone here in Rotterdam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KezusKrijst wrote:
There was one in Delft, but that one is gone

Top Toys in Delft is not a boardgame-only store, but it has a very large collection of games, and is certainly worth a visit. It's much closer to Rotterdam than the game shops in The Hague (it's in the center of Delft near the market, and not too far from the station).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kees
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pijll wrote:

Top Toys in Delft is not a boardgame-only store, but it has a very large collection of games, and is certainly worth a visit. It's much closer to Rotterdam than the game shops in The Hague (it's in the center of Delft near the market, and not too far from the station).

True, and Delft is a nice looking (small) city to visit for a day. The address of " Top one toys" is Hippolytusbuurt 21 (the service is crappy, but the prices are okay).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Siepi
Italy
Olgiate Olona
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK guys, many thanks both. Usually I don't have a lot of free time when I come to the Netherlands but, if possible, I will try to arrange a visit to the shops you have indicated.
Thanks again and have a nice weekend

Alberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviving an old thread, but the question remains the same:
Is there a board game shop in Rotterdam?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.