Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received KEY HARVEST as a gift from CAB at Origins 2009.

I taught Key Harvest to a serious boardgamer (loves Caylus) and his girlfriend (more of a party gamer). We got started after 10min of going over the rules (didn't go through all of the events).

I flipped over the extra player board and kept the crop counters on the beautiful colored side. I love the art work!!

Everyone quickly caught on to the tricks, like positioning workers on which to drop a field tile. Also, adding field tiles around a worker then "upgrading" to another worker with a higher number.

I was pleasantly suprised that everyone really enjoyed the mechanics and gameplay. For me, it was similar to ACQUIRE, but far superior since you have more control over what tiles you receive. I was expecting a rating of 5 when I looked at the game, but I give this game a solid 8! The main problem is player number, since my gaming group is normally 5 players and this game only takes up to 4.

This game was easier to comprehend than REEF ENCOUNTER. I think that I like KEY HARVEST a bit better. Both are beautiful games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.